Post match: Leeds Utd v Liverpool (EPL 12/9/21 4.40pm)

Good win,that kind of scoreline is always nice to see.
Not so nice was that rubbish tackle on young Elliott,hope it doesn’t put him out for too long and importantly doesn’t destroy his confidence.
He is a class act and it shows.
MOTM have to give it to Mo,pretty industrious and of course his 100th PL goal.
Wouldn’t have Jota or Matip far behind though.

My next door neighbour is a stalwart Leeds fan shirts tattoo and as far as I’m aware never goes to games. He came out with the greatest statement ever he got shown red card because Leeds were on top and ref wanted to stop them getting any result.

1 Like

Yikes. Thankfully the old boy isn’t that crazy.

Well, sure. But if the ‘minority’ in question is two guys, you are probably trying too hard. If there were Istanbul songs, yes, that is reprehensible. But you would not have been able to hear those two buffoons 6 rows away.

For the England behaviour, it was an observable number in sufficient quantity to be readily shown on many different videos. Seems apples and oranges.

9 Likes

Always a red card whether it is given for the tackle or for the result of the tackle, it is the right decision.

To be fair, the Leeds player who tackled did seem sincerely sorry and did not demonstrate in any way himself about the sending off and I think did have a few words with our on field captain VVD too. Vicious horrible tackle but I would like to think he is genuinely sorry. Also some of the fans were terrible but again to be fair, there was a wave of applause from them as Harvey was stretchered off.

He is mentally really strong, will be out for a few months and I am sure we will see him again this season. Back to his best.

Just on the match, we won 3-0 but we should have put the match to rest even before the Harvey injury. Always critical of this particular part of our game, the number of chances we need to score is too much.

But tonight nothing more important than Harvey’s health.

1 Like

The rules in the Prem for this season:

Fans who engage in racist abuse, or other forms of discriminatory behaviour, will be banned from all Premier League grounds under measures announced ahead of the new season.

If there is sufficient evidence, then use the above rule and give them a ban. This will weed out the idiotic minority.

Action needed rather than virtue signalling that “something needs to be done”. A solution is there, so use that solution.

Homophobic chanting? Then if you’re caught on camera, bye bye. Simple.

3 Likes
1 Like

wait… basketball is a contact spot… u mean netball? but if you are referring to current nba maybe you are right haha

3 Likes

Is that the head of a glass of Guiness on the table? Cheeky Firmino

I feel it’s high time we as a club speak out on these tackles and our players stand up against the refs more during the game. Do other teams also face similar levels of bad tackles? Personally I don’t remember other teams subject to these many such long term injuries like we have had in past couple of years, especially due to reckless tackles.

3 Likes

Klopp did after Burnley’s WWE impression on Summerslam weekend.

Anyhow did I get the right impression from the offal that we pummelled them even at 11 v 11.

Two bright sparks the win and the fact Mane took his goal so beautifully.

Elliott is a big downer but hopefully we see him in the new year.

2 Likes

He means Liverpool were on top and it could have got worse so by reducing it to ten it basically made Liverpool rest up for Milan?

Because that’s what it seemed from the commentary I was following.

2 Likes

Still can’t believe we only scored 3 goals. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

To be fair, that video has a fair number of wankers in there. Those Leeds fans singing ‘always the victim’, the guys with the stabbing motion, then the guy with the red and yellow scarf. I’m sorry, that might be a genuine LFC scarf but it’s no coincidence he took it to this game. Any away fan (who are usually the clued up fans knowing each club’s history) wearing that to this ground knows what they are doing.

I would say the same of someone going to a Jewish gathering dressed as Charlie Chaplin with a toothbrush mustache. Trying to be subtle about your message but all the while being a cunt.

Not a huge fan of Tomkins, but to be fair he is spot on here.

5 Likes

really gutted for Harvey and hopefully full and complete recovery.
MOM for me is Fabinho, the number of interceptions and the their trimming was crucial to stop counter attacks .
Thiago was better and much improved performance ,
Mane ridiculously wasteful but the good thing is that we are creating chances .
we had good balance in the midfield and i am hoping kieta will step up.

Of course it was, but

Dont let that get in the way of demonising all of Liverpool because of a few random idiots. Lets make it a Galtassaray scarf,lets make sure that we are seen as homophobes and racists en masse, because three dickheads react to the Victims song.

I dont condone these idiots behaviour, it is crass and idiotic, in a sea of the same shite behaviour.

But as always with some people…
All the time failing to recognise the fact that in this instance the agenda by the ref was to allow Liverpool to take a few hits. Soften them up. Klopp had a go after Burnley, so fuck him…we the refs are in charge so go lenient on the odd bone rattler.

And that led to a bright young star being battered by sheer thuggery. Bielsa the great tactician allowing his hatchet man license to fuck up the season of a young lad with more class and skill than the entire Leeds team.

But we are top of the league so it doesn’t matter, doesn’t exist. We are there because we are that good. We have to be, had to be, because the odds are stacked against us.

The assault on Elliot is a microcosm of how things are different for Liverpool.

3 Likes

A candle

The still from a different is far more telling than everything else I’d seen. Stupid and reckless is accurate.