Post match: Leeds Utd v Liverpool (EPL 12/9/21 4.40pm)

That’s a bit harsh. I doubt Bielsa told his players to injure Harvey.

I think what goes on is players just push the limit. If referees move the line, players will respond by trying to get as close to as possible to it.

This is Klopp’s point.

4 Likes

Is that @jaffod in disguise? Doesn’t mince his words there to be fair

Reckless and dangerous from behind and on top of that caused serious injury and there’s still people saying ‘not a red’. If anything this is the disgraceful behaviour,
Yet the worst of it was that there’s a seriously injured player on the field and the ref waves play on, despite the evident reaction of horror and pleads to stop the game from Salah.
If this doesn’t start sounding alarm bells in the EPL then how caould we have expected anything else after Ben Arfa’s broken leg. Even then commentators and pundits were saying that’s fine. So it’s not just the refs.

3 Likes

I doubt he told his players to injure Harvey. I didn’t say that to be fair

But I said he allowed, as in do what you get away with…as was evidenced all over the pitch. If Dyche or Pullis allowed thuggery to develop we would be all over it. Leeds players were as bad and Bielsa gets a free pass.

3 Likes

But Liverpool players don’t. I do agree that the likes of Bielsa won’t go on and say to go ahead and injure a player. But their tactics do involve going hard on a player, which now is aggregated with the new rules and refs allowing it leading to serious injuries.

3 Likes

Nah, @jaffod is a bit more eloquent in his delivery.

3 Likes

I think that article is spot on actually.

1 Like

Yes, very comfortable game, could have been 7 or 8 on another day

Incredible given the fact that they had not lost at home last season to any of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal or us.

I often agree with you on the referee’s but not on Pawson. I don’t think he has any bass against us and tries to referee us fair and square. Yes he makes mistakes but not out of bias IMO.

1 Like

Reckless is a caution, excessive force is a red :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That Fabinho booking was absolutely ridiculous! A simple foul, not even a painful one. His first foul and he got booked.

5 Likes

Whereas the likes of Fernandinho get away with hundreds of similar fouls every season.

The double standards are a joke.

5 Likes

How is someone as stupid as Garth Crooks allowed to keep a job at the Beeb? He prefers Jordan’s energy to Thiago’s cool and calm. What the fuck does that even mean? And of course completely condoning the ankle dislocating tackle.

2 Likes

I’m pretty disappointed in what Thiago has brought to the club to be honest.

I hope he can up his performances but I feel like he’s just going through the motions here.

1 Like

Really? I thought he was really good yesterday… Few times he was lazy and got caught but otherwise I thought he was excellent for just taking the sting out of the game at times.

2 Likes

I have to disagree, he was excellent yesterday. He’s also had to adapt to the ‘paid assassins’ in the Premier League, together with the dodgy referees and I’m being kind with that description.

7 Likes

I gave Thiago MotM yesterday. Especially that clever pass through two Leeds lines on Matip in the build-up to the first goal was great.

4 Likes

He was fine, good even, but still had that stupid moment where he just stopped playing and gave them a clear run on our goal then moaned at Henderson for it. Everyone played well yesterday so I’m not calling out this performance in particular but we brought in arguably the best midfielder in the world and, to me, a year later I’m still waiting for him to put in an outstanding performance. He doesn’t really “feel” like our player to me.

Maybe it’s because it is weird for us to bring in an established player rather than develop him ourselves.

Is Kaide Gordon ready to make the step up to make some late subs in PL games now that Elliott is out for some time?