Post match: Leeds Utd v Liverpool (EPL 12/9/21 4.40pm)

I saw that and totally ignores Matip who on the day was probably better than VvD going by peoples comments on here. Every time I read his column / comments whatever I’m utterly bemused with the conclusions he comes up with. To the point where I doubt he’s even watched the game.

3 Likes

Was it? The best view I have had it is Lowton’s gif above, and I cannot quite tell.

Secondary consideration anyway, given the fact that it was the other leg that cleared Elliott out

Only bit I disagree with is the term scissor tackle. Strictly speaking it wasn’t, but the result is pretty much the same.

The more I see it the more I understand what he was trying to do. He’s clearly trying to win the ball and head back in the direction he came from, but lunging like that with your right foot on the left side of the player you’re chasing was always going to end up with his trailing leg clattering the back of Elliot. Had he lead with his left his right would have been out of danger as far as Elliot is concerned. It would be considered a pretty cool move in Karate I suspect (any partakers in that discipline on here? Boudica perhaps?)

It’s a “WTF were you doing” moment for me I think. We’ve seen worse red cards for sure, also seen some that were pretty lame against this one as well.

1 Like

Harvey had somewhat left the ball behind which was moving slower than Harvey was running. The Leeds player could have made a clean tackle but chose to dive in making the initial contact with Harvey and not the ball. Having taken Harvey out the ball was there to be picked up by the Leeds player. Definite foul, definite reckless endangerment as evidenced by the serious injury, definite red (not that I am saying you don’t think it is, but more bewilderment that anyone can think it isn’t)

4 Likes

And that’s why I KNOW Harvey is going to be a great footballer and man.

An outstanding performance. The lads were able to stay both composed and focused even after Elliot was injured.

Matip and Van Dijk in synch.

Fabinho outstanding.

3 points and 3 goals

Stay focused lads, stay composed.

YNWA Harvey

1 Like

Harvey didn’t think it was a red

Got a source for that?

His instagram account.

Harvey must still be under the effects of painkillers, if he’s said that.

2 Likes

I only see this as his most recent post and didn’t find any mention.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTwX73YKSjq/?utm_medium=copy_link

He’s a nice lad who doesn’t want another professional to feel bad for his injury but ultimately he had both feet off the ground, couldn’t control his follow through and came in from behind. It’s a red card all day long.

5 Likes

More importantly, whether or not he feels it was one is irrelevant to the fact that it was indeed one.

Meanwhile, as I don’t have any access to Instagram, I’m waiting for super sleuth @Colossal_centre_back to find any such mention…

1 Like

Yeah even if he’s mentioned it somewhere it’s better in larger context. Although he shouldn’t have mentioned about red but more with respect to the intent (if it’s true)

There are idiots who would wish lot of bad things/ threats etc. on social media and no one wants that. Hopefully it’ll reduce that.

Might just be time to draw a line under this, it was a horrible tackle, it deserved a red, but I doubt there was any malice intended. The player and manager have both apologised unreservedly.

I’d rather look at what it has shown of Mr Elliot, a fucking warrior with a heart of a lion, who is going to absolutely smash it here for many years.

13 Likes

Instagram

When ya caught speeding in your car there is a learning class you can get sent to by the courts which shows videos of car crash carnage of accidents and deaths caused by speedsters on the road. The intention is that after watching such graphic footage, it makes you think twice about ever speeding in your car on the roads again…
Maybe all the goons and especially ginger haired managers, from each football club are made to view similar videos of career ending tackles and general shit-housery in the game, in the hope that these tackles become a thing of the past…

Considering the amount of recidivism in speeding cases, I doubt it’ll happen…

2 Likes

Almost every pundit and newspaper thought he was mom and like conducting an orchestra he makes things look simple he will be even more appreciated in the CL

3 Likes

Deleted the he last few posts, before it escalates further.

I hope you guys can chill a little bit. No need for to get frustrated and angry. Rafa devides opinion but not a topic for this thread :wink:

2 Likes