Post match: Leeds Utd v Liverpool (EPL 12/9/21 4.40pm)

Wouldn’t be nice, if you’re a Championship player.

2 Likes

Klopp clearly fuming but has controlled it…

5 Likes

Appreciate something might be lost in translation… but they ask the Leeds manager about the challenge… and his FIRST response is about what the referee judged?

1 Like

Yes, you cunts.

Yes.

3 Likes

I’ve never understood the need to ask the teams about red card incidents you will always get the skewed perspective.

Dislocation apparently - that’s good news right?

I agree it wasnt malicious, its just terribly executed.

1 Like

It was a scissors tackle. He caught Elliott’s leg between his legs, there was only ever going to be one outcome.

2 Likes

I think he’s given him the chance to wish the injured player a quick recovery but instead he’s led with that. Comes across a bit immature and defensive.

1 Like

Mane is borrowing Salah’s never give up t-shirt.

3 Likes

Dislocation is bad enough. It doesn’t rule out fractured bones and damaged ligaments.

Harvey won’t be back in 2021 IMO.

6 Likes

Mane had more attempts than Leeds today.

Great that he scored but wow what a drop off

1 Like

Nah mate - without fractures and ligaments ruptured he’ll be back in training in 4 weeks.

3 Likes

Well thats a really optimistic take… but if you are right then good…

2 Likes

Never understood why the issue of malice should come into the discussion.

I mean WTF does it matter if the player had an angelic disposition?

5 Likes

It seems the current breed of pundits are now pushing the notion for it to be red it has to be malicious which is totally insane thinking.

It’s time we saw more from the likes of Virgil, Henderson, Fabinho, Robertson and the like stepping in after these obviously early attempts to rattle our players.

Not a dig at those lads but we need to show we won’t be physically bullied as a team, that we will stand our ground and that our players will call it out on the pitch for what it is.

Also want to see constant dialogue with the refs whenever this happens. Point it out, count them up, demand protection. Think we’ve just got to take matters into our own hands now and show more of our own nasty side without getting drawn into retribution.

3 Likes

I think you were watching a different match. With your eyes closed. And the sound off.

4 Likes

A very solid win against a team in crisis.

Defensively we look solid and sound once again. VvD is still closing to his best form, but only his presence is such a reassuring sign for every Liverpool player on the pitch.

Matip was fantastic once again, setting TAA for the first goal with a nice pass. Solid like a rock.

Robbo reminds me of Trent from las season - his start of the season was disrupted by injuries and he will need time, but the good thing is that even at 70% he is one of the best in the world.

TAA - I know that Fab had a great game, but today Trent was a on a different level, my MoM. Great offensively and solid defensively.

Fab - back to his best form and looks like these 2 weeks were very good for our brazilian contingent. Tiago is slowly gaining his fitness, just like Henderson. By the way - first assist for Alcantara in the league.

Salah is our best offensive player and the club must do anything to get him signed on a new contract.
Jota looks good, he deserved at least two assists, but Mane’s inability to finish properly left Diogo with empty hands.

And Mane - missing chances after chance, like having deja vu from last season. Sadio needs competiton, Klopp needed reinforcement in attacking postions. Firmino is injured, Elliott will miss months. Because of the lack of options Klopp palyed AOC as a false 9, but Chambo is not a forward, he looked por and lost. What are Klopp’s other options? Origi? Minamino?
It is only the start of the season and the attacking options for Klopp already look limited.

And finally my best wishes to Harvey for a speedy recovery. He is a young player with a huge potential and hopefully we will see him back as early as possible. Two seasons in a row we are victims of awful challenges. That prick Pickford and now that shitface Struijk. And the most absurd was that the idiot Pawson did not whistle even for a foul. Clean tackle, according to him, absolutely incomptent fool.

2 Likes

Ref lenient? No ref irresponsible Mane nearly lost his leg a couple of times he waived play on there is letting the game flow and there is punishing thuggery!

2 Likes