Post match: Leeds Utd v Liverpool (EPL 12/9/21 4.40pm)

I think you should stop. You’re embarrassing yourself now.

After watching the match and looking at the key stats you believe what you’re saying then I’ll just leave you to your opinion.

3 Likes

Heard them chanting it again plenty of times afterwards. Damn sure the media will turn the other cheek to it as usual :frowning:

1 Like

We also lost a bit of impetus after the Llorente substitution for about 5 or 10 minutes, but other than that I’d say this was a fair assessment.

To be honest, a still photo proves nothing either way in my opinion.

Lost our rhythm maybe bit not control of the game.

1 Like

Winning the fair play award every year is all well and good, but how does it help us in any way? I’ve said this before, and I’ll probably bang on about it again at some point, but if they awarded an extra point to the team that wins it and deducted a point from the team that comes last it would actually mean something. There would be a reason to not want to hurt other players and the shithouse clubs might go about their business in a more sporting way.

2 Likes

He won the ball well, but if you trailing leg goes through a player that’s a red all day long. The still shows how Harvey’s foot got trapped.

Take that still with the context of the replays above which gives you a sense of the momentum and force.

I don’t believe there was intent, but clearly reckless.

4 Likes

You can win the ball in a genuinely horrendous tackle and still be in the wrong for it.

Yes, given the character of our team I can imagine they would give a shit about beating Struijk up when Elliott’s lying there.

It was reckless. Not sure how you can even defend it.

2 Likes

I don’t think there was any question around his intent to win the ball, but an airborne scissor tackle from behind always carries a high risk of injuring the opponent. It’s reckless.

9 Likes

Well yes, it was a stupid tackle not one intended to injure. Also unless I’m much mistaken, Struijk is Dutch, so it makes sense that Virgil would want to comfort him.

But I’m not defending anything. I’ve said from the real time only view it looked a fair challenge and a still photo proves nothing either way, which it doesn’t.

He wasn’t trying to hurt him, come on. It was dangerous/reckless and a deserved red but we’re not talking Keane on Haaland here

3 Likes

And if that’s the case I agree, scissor tackles are dangerous. I can only comment on the angle I saw, which was in real time and no replay. If you’ve seen another then fair enough.

I struggle to see how you can interpret that imagine as not proving anything.

Clearly shows that it’s secondary contact causing the injury.

It’s not one of those times where studs have got caught, it’s the Leeds player body going over the top (trapping) his foot.

5 Likes

Just think there should be consistency in the condemnation of (any) groups of fans.

The original Pearce tweet clearly states that some Leeds fans were applauding Elliott, but no mention of that.

No mention of the Liverpool fans doing Istanbul chants and stabbing gestures either.

Player got his red card and will be banned for three games.

No reckless foul for me. Didn’t want to injure Harvey. Unfortunate landing.

No need to make this bigger because a Liverpool player got injured. That foul can not be compared to Richarlisons foul on Thiago.

Gerrard and Carra frequently did some worse challenges and not even got booked for it.

3 Likes

How can anyone look at the tackle and say it was not reckless?

Seriously?

4 Likes

The problem was, it was a reckless tackle. He might not have gone in with the intent, but that’s the definition of reckless, given that he had no intention and yet because of his poorly-judged action, resulted in a severe injury.

And if so, they should have.

2 Likes

Let’s keep the tempers down, lads. No point to get knickers in a twist over a discussion with another Liverpool fan.

For me, that tackle was certainly reckless, and any player on the end of it would have ended up the same. It could have happened to Salah, to Thiago, to VVD. Elliot was very unlucky to be the one among the eleven to get it.

Don’t think it was intentional though.

7 Likes

It will be rescinded like Son’s one. The pundits have been more of less consistent that the lad didn’t mean to injure him and it’s all a shame.

It’s shit, but then it’s a game populated by morons.

8 Likes