Post-Match: Liverpool - Benfica (UCL 13/4/22 8pm)

Yep hence why hearing commentators repeat the same rubbish about it being a weakness ad nauseam is tiresome.

I read a report that when we found out VAR was coming in and what it would check for someone at liverpool suggested the high line knowing that a goal would always be chalked off when checked.

So it’s a clearly defined tactic, but one that needs the best players with the highest levels of concentration and reading of the game to pull off (and probably hours upon hours on the training pitch).

Another part that gets missed a fair bit is it’s not always on the defence when a chance is created, primarily the fault lies with the attack/midfield for not closing down and allowing the pass. The whole system has the smallest margins for error.

6 Likes

unfortunately didn’t get to see the game, but delighted with the progression to the semifinals
YNWA

1 Like

If you get a chance watch a replay of the match. It was a great game.
How close were the offsides for the second and third Benfica goals? I felt sure in the ground that they’d be ruled out. :nerd_face:

I noticed that too. Maybe Klopp could try and use Kostas as a deputy for Trent as well?

That will require Klopp to do a Cancelo on Tsimikas…Can be done I think given how Trent is drifting infield more than before!

How I read it, was the only issue with last night to be fair and it mostly came down Gomez side so doesn’t take it away from Tsimikas who was good going forward.

Ironically how it all went south when Hendo came off who I thought was excellent by the way. Anyhow damp squid ending to what was generally an excellent 70 minutes of play by us.

Fact we were able to rest so many at this point was good. If we go to the wire on everything we won’t have another chance unless we beat Villarreal by a cricket score and that’s not happening.

2 Likes

I love being reminded of the IT Crowd

1 Like