Post Match: Liverpool Man City (EPL 6/2/21 4.30pm)

he is a little shit, cant stand him

2 Likes

Good. We won the league that year.

2 Likes

I meant the season after obviously. Minus the FA cup win of course

Yeah, was bemusing to me as well. Curtis and Thiago were doing that tocuh to get away fro teh pressing player, and keeping hte ball moving. Can understand Milner coming on, but Shaq in midfield was just puzzling.

Shaq has now played wide left, right, tip of diamond, and part of a three in midfield , all int he space of about 100 minutes. Played best when at the tip of diamind against WH.

1 Like

i dont know why you all do it to yourselves with the english commentary…

1 Like

Next 2 are against Leicester and Everton, how many do you think we will win?

I don’t, I watch the games with the commentary off because it’s so annoying to listen to.

2 Likes

(Accidentally posted in the game thread)

It was a horrendous five minutes. Absolutely ghastly, and it cost us the game.

That’s why it’s absolutely pointless to try and weave this narrative about Klopp, or Subs, or the rest of the team. It’s one all and we’re having the best of it. Then he absolutely gifts them two goals.

It’s OK, cos he’s brilliant, but please. It’s on the keeper today, and that’s it.

2 Likes

Agree on the keeper cost us the game, but explain how the motm was taken off and anyone understand Klopps subs???

1 Like

For me FSG are to blame for this mess… they expect klopp to produce miracles every season. they took far too long to get a CB replacement. that shit should have happened on 31st of December. The only reason we signed CBs is coz matip was ruled out for the entire season, otherwise we rolling with matip and fabs in defence for the remainder of the season

1 Like

What a shit day…hardly any snow, couldn’t build a snowman and then Liverpool lose…oh and it’s Monday tomorrow.

Fuck Sundays :sob:

2 Likes

exactly… i watch Spanish or Croatian streams, never EVER english streams

1 Like

Would not like to think…its frightening.

1 Like

Up until Ali gift wrap those two goals we were treading water. We traded blows with City but we didn’t get knock down. After those two goals, you can see the team just gave up. I’ve said it for few weeks now this year it’s a write off, and we shouldn’t have unrealistic expectations for the club. When we can’t take points from the bottom teams, that’s a big red flag right there. To be brutally honest our downward trajectory has been forming since the restart of the season in June. I think the boys are maybe starting to tune out from Klopp message. What we need is to change some of the old guards with younger hungrier players.
Don’t get me wrong Klopp is still a great manager, but the tactical approach he implements in games are just not working. When I watch today’s game, and previous weeks, our opponents always have tons of players behind the ball to defend. Where as us, we leave our back four expose and the other teams, especially good ones like city cut as apart.
When we attack, we don’t have a player that can run with the ball in midfield. Therefore we rely on Bobby to link up the plays. However, when he’s out of form, our attack tends to go nowhere. So many times we either pass the ball back and forth between the forward and defense, or we just try to do 50yd long pass to break the opponents line. We’ve been playing like this since last June, and teams have figure out on how to beat us.
I think for remainder of the season Klopp needs to try something different, and insert some confidence back into our players.
We still have a talented group here, and talents just don’t all of a sudden wash away. Our form will pickup again, but we need to have a few new players in the team next year to freshen up the side. Hopefully Jota can come back to the team soon, he’s a game changer and I’m sure Klopp regrets playing him in a dead rubber in Dec
And please cut Ali some slack, he’s been so good for us the last three years. He’s the reason why we got all those trophy that we got last year.

YNWA

2 Likes

Everyone looks like world beaters when they play us. It’s not that difficult when you face a lifeless team without cohesion, confidence and recognized CBs. More than any other time we beat ourselves.

It’s amazing how fast and badly it’s all unravelled but this is no time to wallow in self pity. If this keeps up, we won’t make top 4.

1 Like

The league is over and it wasn’t taken from us, we gave it away with a piss poor transfer market both in the summer and January.

Seriously, is anyone on here who didn’t know that Matip, Gomez, Naby, Ox, Shaq are walking sick notes? Then how the fuck , do you go into a compressed season with only 3 CBS, 2 of which are injury-fucking-proned.

I just cant drink the koolaid and let that shit slide…its fucking negligence boss.

Then you wait until the last day of the January transfer window to bring in 2 CBS. Why not the beginning of the window, when we could gradually blood these players in and not have thrown away points left and right since New Years? What changed at the end, that wasn’t the same at the beginning. Every man in here knew Matip wasn’t gonna make it…fuck me man…this just straight incompetence and negligence of the highest order.

And for the life of me, can someone please teach TAA how to fucking defend??? He’s a defender, it’s in his bloody job title for Christ sake.

WOOOOOSAAAAHHHH!!!

Finally, the season is over. Done. We need to concentrate on making the CL and not the Europa League in order to strengthen next summer. I dont see us making a CL run with this lot as its presently constituted and being managed. Focus on cementing the top 4, that should should be the main objective.

1 Like

It’s really shit to watch at the moment, really dunno what’s happened if I’m honest, rather forfeit the rest of the season than watch that again in another league game frankly.

great post… why fuckin wait until end of january to sign CB…

yep… he is our very own Quinn Hughes…

I don’t agree at all, we were terrible. Our front 3 look like they’ve never played with eachother before. Bobby is unrecognisable, his ability to pass to no-one or the opposition is second to none.

This is a team with zero confidence, how many times did we see a player break the lines, stop and pass backwards. We won no 50/50s, we are making basic and silly mistakes all over the park… Why does Fabinho leave his leg out? He’s a proffesional footballer for fucks sake that was just brainless. Just one example of a team whose confidence is shot.

The subs did make a huge difference, finishing the game with Shaqiri, Milner and Gini meant we were wide open and they got in more and more promising areas. Yes Alisson gifts them 3 goals but did we look like scoring? No.

Klopp has huge issues as mentally the team just don’t appear to have any more gears to move into. Even more worrying we don’t even start in 1st, we start in enutral. We should have started this game all guns blazing, getting into their faces but we didn’t, it was a tepid, turgid, shit show of passiveness.

1 Like