Post Match: Liverpool v AC Milan (UCL 15/9/21 8pm)

How come arrogance on this board can affect any performance on the pitch anyway? :thinking:

9 Likes

Up your butt, Jobu.

4 Likes

I expected them to be falling over all over the place at the slightest touch, which didn’t happen. The commentator then said there was only 1 Italian in the team, so it all made sense.

Far more open and entertaining game than I ever expected. Very happy to take the 3 points and for @richieh_10 to be correct in the pre-match thread!

1 Like

Mane is playing like the younger version of himself, wild and mostly out of control. I don’t even know what to say anymore about his struggles. It’s heartbreaking to watch, he’s always been one of my absolute favorites. He’s working hard, he’s just struggling with everything else in his game.

12 Likes

This is difference from last year, last year we wouldn’t have come back we would have limped through to a 2 -1 defeat.

3 Likes

I constantly slated Lallana on TIA and now he no longer plays for us. Are you telling me that’s a coincidence?!

1 Like

The fact that it’s (actually) called the Wankdorf is amazing.

4 Likes

Whoever said it did? :thinking:

1 Like

Jurgen Klopp Sport GIF by Liverpool FC

2 Likes

Heavy metal football ©

It really was back tonight, wasn’t it? :smiley:

4 Likes

Reminded me a lot like the West Ham home game from last year. After going 1-0 up only to go behind, I was super pessimistic, but in that game, when we got back to 2-2 I felt we’d win it. Same feeling tonight, although I wasn’t about to say it!

I love it, but my heart doesn’t!

1 Like

I reckon if Mo scores the penalty we score another one and the first half ends 3-0.

Is it okay to start getting worried about Sadio? I am genuinely concerned something is wrong. He is a pale pale shadow of his former self. I think of goals against Arsenal and that goal against Bayern away. This is not that player

4 Likes

A smug Ulsterman I think!

At least old mate here has reached the acceptance stage…

All other PL teams win and we get humiliated.

Most of them are still wallowing in anger/denial.

4 Likes

Told you.

5 Likes

This is exactly right, seems to be he has lost something in his head space. He’s just completely scatter gun and impulsive. Worst of all, he isn’t really being the team player we know him to be.

1 Like

I’ve felt similar, but he operated at a world-class level for four years (counting his first year with us even if he wasn’t scoring a million goals). Last year he was off, he still has quite a bit of time left before he’s had a second bad year. That said, someone opined that he makes poor decisions with too much time and I agree…I think his best is when he’s cutting in off the left under pressure.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m with you on Salah pen, game is finished if that goes in and we probably see another before the break.

I watched the first but not the second, a Milan fan was annoying me (not the first time it happened in 2005 and I swapped pubs), anyhow sat this out listening to some nice acoustic busker in the square of Zadar, happy with 3-2 it’s a win.

6 Likes

Famous European nights at Anfield… excitement guaranteed!
3 points in our difficult group and we rested big Virg… well done lads!

1 Like

Klopp just said they were expecting sell Div in the summer

1 Like