Post Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (ELC 1/10/20 7.45pm)

• ADRIAN
  • Nico WILLIAMS
  • Rhys WILLIAMS
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • James MILNER
  • Marco GRUJIC
  • Curtis JONES
  • Harry WILSON
  • Takumi MINAMINO
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Mohammed SALAH
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Divock ORIGI
  • Gini WIJNALDUM

0 voters

Unused Subs: Kelleher, Fabinho, Robertson, Elliot

Sub: Joe GOMEZ on, Virgil VAN DIJK off 61’
Sub: Divock ORIGI on, Mo SALAH off 61’
Sub: Gini WIJNALDUM on, Diogo JOTA off 76’

Their keeper had a great game. But ultimately we became toothless once Jota came off.

Origi did nothing and topped it off with piss poor penalty.

14 Likes

On what evidence? Also, given how much you like him, couldn’t you spell his name correctly?

2 Likes

Like Hercules said…

Disappointed!!!

5 Likes

Poor game really with a bad ending.

2 Likes

The treble is still on guys. Chin up.

3 Likes

hope that’s the last we see of origi,half arsed appearance and half arsed penalty.

3 Likes

Maybe we will take the FA Cup a little more seriously. I’d really love to win some additional silverware this season.

Im not overly upset but it’s just one less competition which means less minutes for squaddies to stay sharp.

EDIT: Actually, scratch what I said, I lied, I’m mildly annoyed to lose to Arsenal again. Glorified friendly, cardboard cup, whatever. They advance and we don’t. I’ll get over it but I hate when we lose any match. And again, Taki really unlucky not to score in first half.

3 Likes

Origi and Wilson have always been poor penalty takers. Expected both to miss.

Shame, not too bothered though. Jota looks a top player to me, a class apart tonight.

10 Likes

Meh. Leno decided this was the game to save everything, else would have been a nice thrashing. Adrian was superb, saved a penalty as well. Impressed with Rhys, Jota and Grujic.

Next.

4 Likes

Terrible pen from Divick. How is he still here?

The good tonight…the youngsters were great. Gruic played well as well.

The bad…Salah was poor, Wilson looked disinterested, divok- fed up of seeing him now. Would love him to move on.

Shame we didn’t see Harvey Elliott.

3 Likes

Thought Rhys Williams had an excellent game.

14 Likes

Arsenal deserved that, quite honestly. They were better in the first half and in the shoot-out.

1 Like

@cynicaloldgit

I’m blaming you for this.

All that talk of quadruples the other day got in their eyes.

5 Likes

Poor game, only Jota was any real attacking threat. Very disappointed in Wilson and Origi, anyone can miss a peno but both were poor during the game. Grujic showed he has ability and there will be takers for him, can’t say the same about the other two though.

3 Likes

A poor game from the players, led by a coach who made the wrong pre- and in-match decisions. Not good enough from all involved, that is all.

Congrats to Arsenal who wanted it more and played more of their first choice players than us, and got their reward in the end.

I know that we’ve been spoiled in recent years, but still a bit fed up of going out in the early stages of the national cups every single season. This defeat could have been easily avoided, and it’s annoying to see us beaten by Arsenal in a cup game again.

Edit: Origi needs to go somewhere else where he plays regularly. With us, he has lost his magic for good.

8 Likes

Pissed off we’re outta this.

Going to be plenty on here saying “it’s only the league cup” and yes it is the bottom priority but it’s still a priority.

We started the season with the possibility of winning 5 pieces of silverware.

It’s now down to 3. League and Champions League will be the priority but an FA Cup won would be nice too.

4 Likes

That was overall unreadable. I don’t give a shit about this cup - but I’d really liked the opportunity of gametime for the squad.

We didn’t totally deserve to win this , but Arse more or less sneaked it.

Lacking coheseon in midfield was the main culprit. Jones with a weak outing this time. Wilson as well. Both good workrate but nothing else.

Motm: Adrian , Grujic , Diogo … and both Williamses did a good job tonight!

3 Likes