Post Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (ELC 1/10/20 7.45pm)

Fair play to Leno. Best on ground. But I hate seeing them carry on Like they have won the Cup when we should have smashed them.

Honourable mention to Grujic and Jota.

3 Likes

I hate losing, so on that basis I’m gutted.

On the other hand…
If one trophy goes by the wayside, this was the one.

On the other hand…
We should have the squad to compete on all fronts. They didn’t do their job.

Origi frustrates me no end. Big, strong, fast, great shot, good feet… but way too lackadaisical in his approach, and his penalty too.

Three league wins to start.
Champions League draw made and the appetite whetted for bigger prizes.

But I’m getting a bit sick of not doing well enough in the domestic cups, for a few seasons now…

3 Likes

We should keep Gruijic too btw

2 Likes

All of this. For as much love as I’ve given Harry Wilson he disappointed me most. For a guy that wants so badly to be here, he made NO case for himself whatsoever. I’d give him away at this point bc it’s not happening for him here. Ever. If the bid from Burnley was indeed £10 + £4 add ons, I take that all day. I’d do it for £10 even.

1 Like

Don’t think we didn’t do enough to not win. It was not a bad performance at all. We kept a clean sheet, created enough chances to score. We lost in penalties. That’s not something unavoidable IMO. Happens in cup games, the best team doesn’t always win.

It was a good lesson to finish better, more than anything else. VVD Grujic, Taki, Jota so many chances, just couldn’t take them because of an excellent goalkeeping display.

5 Likes

I haven’t seen the game but by all accounts it was the first time he’s had a good game for us. Well done him. He’s still not good enough, nowhere near.

3 Likes

We could’ve won it in normal time had it not been Leno brilliance. Nico was a lot better this time, worked his socks off running up and down. Jota stands out for me with his off the ball awareness. He is really good finding those scoring areas to run to. Taki did a lot of pressing and provided good link up between midfield and the two forward. I thought Harry wilson did ok in the match, nothing spectacular but didn’t hurt the team either. If Shaq goes he’ll get more game time to gel with the team and get in tune with Klopp system.
I still think big Div should go, offers nothing up front and doesn’t work hard enough for the team.
Penalty is always kind of luck driven anyways, it doesn’t help when the other team has a hot keeper between the post.

On to Villa

YNWA

1 Like

Lads, let’s not go over the top on players because they weren’t great. The vitriol some guys get can be disgusting. Nobody goes out to play badly, and no one wins every game.

11 Likes

Harry Wilson was absent in the second half… It was the same with Bournemouth last year… His pens aren’t great compared to his free kicks… Have already seen him miss a few… Origi was so casual… Had he buried that we wold have won… Minamino was not bad but he doesn’t seem to have a cutting edge to play Bobby’s role - That tricks, flicks or busting pace or powerful shot in him… Too early but I dont see where he would fit in…

1 Like

I’ve been impressed with the couple of games I have seen him in. I think it helps having a senior CB in the team but that’s how we would hope to play him.

Aside from that I thought Jota looks class and Origi is becoming a waste of a shirt.

It’s just a pity that Leno was in such good form. We really had the chances to win this.

1 Like

Let’s not get fucking greedy,we have to leave scraps for the unfortunate teams whilst we win everything else,lots not be mean.

14 Likes

Well, I am disappointed. We were a bit better than Arsenal over all, we created chances. But Minamino couldn’t score, Jota and Grujic could neither. And then we were not good enough. A penalty shoot out is something you always want to avoid unless you are the underdog. And We were not the underdog. So yeah, we were not good enough. We could have won, but we didn’t.

4 Likes

Jonsey, you were born mean…started off with nothing and still got most of it left.

5 Likes

With a bit more concentration, we have won that game in first 90 min.
Im not upset for this, most important was the match from pl, but I must say that I am concern about second half for players like Jones, Mina or Wilson.

For me, players of match Rhys Williams and Grujic. Keep going both.

2 Likes

Fussed but not fussed.

I hate to see us lose, especially to Arsenal, they just seemed a little bit sharper than us overall.

Origi seemed less than bothered to take his penalty, and even less interested when he missed.

I liked Milner telling somebody on the arse team to fuck off after scoring his penalty,well done sir.

12 Likes

And let’s show some respect to the other team. They were well beaten three days ago and turned it around.

1 Like

@GermanRed where is the Villa preview?

2 Likes

Usually I’d be a bit disappointed, although not much. But in such a compressed season…

8 Likes

Well thats the quadruple gone…

1 Like