Post Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 23/12/23 5.30pm)

Player of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Kostas TSIMIKAS
  • Wataru ENDO
  • Dominic SZOBOSZLAI
  • Curtis JONES
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Cody GAKPO
  • Luis DIAZ
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Ryan GRAVENBERCH
  • Harvey ELLIOTT
  • Darwin NUŃEZ
0 voters

Unused subs: Kelleher, Clark, McConnell, Quansah, Bradley.

:arrows_counterclockwise: 34’ Joe GOMEZ :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Kostas TSIMIKAS

:arrows_counterclockwise: 68’ Ryan GRAVENBERCH :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Cody GAKPO

:arrows_counterclockwise: 68’ Darwin NUŃEZ :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Luis DIAZ

:arrows_counterclockwise: 68’ Harvey ELLIOTT :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Curtis JONES

:soccer: 29’ Mohamed SALAH (:rightwards_hand: Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD)

rabba rabba!

Would have love to be top for Christmas, but 2nd is not so bad.

1 Like

JK getting aggy with the cameraman?

1 Like

Disappointed…. Felt we the better team and I would like to know how many shots they had on Ali after that first goal.

We should have had a pen, and that to make it 2-1 knowing Mo.

We did not play to standard though, much better that United but not title winning stuff anyways.

Arsenal did not impress me, Saliba is quality though…still think Man City will win it.

Gomez quality, Endo hardworking and playing himself into the team over Mac Allister, Ibou much better today

4 Likes

2 Likes

Annoying to concede such a crap goal. Trent should have scored that sitter and definitely should have had a penalty for that handball. Still not a bad result. Hopefully the injury to Kostas wasn’t serious.

6 Likes

Ibou back to his very best. Subs usually work out for us but today killed the momentum more often than not. Would have loved the 3 points but against the league leaders and a good team, I’ll take that for now. We are still a work in progress team (with few key ones missing today as well) and we’ll have better days than today against them surely with our current team.

3 Likes

Merry Christmas, happy holidays everbody.
A bit bitter with that trent miss, that stonewall penalty, tsimikas shoulder… but

That is Arsenal’s best eleven.:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Arsenal are not that good. We should have won that. We were the better team for 60minutes, and that Trent miss, and VAR temporarily suspending the handball rule, cost us

9 Likes

I’m not too bothered happy we got back in it.

We went top a few times at Christmas or just before and haven’t won it.

3 Likes

A decent match. Trent would have scored that chance 99 out of 100 times. Don’t really see what Gakpo and Gravenberch are adding to the team from last season. Everything is still wide open with regards to winning the league. Five points out of the three home games is not enough.

2 Likes

Draw was the right result, neither did enough in final third to warrant anything more.

Endo Ibou and Gomez my picks.

Yeah it can be Arsenal’s turn this year.

Better than last week. Frustrating result nonetheless.

1 Like

We’re utter shit and won’t win anything ever again.

2 Likes

Good team performance let down by a couple of sloppy misses - again. Started very ragged but I liked the commitment on show as we got back into it.

Other thought: still think Jones is a much better player than Gravenberch. One player can trap the ball and retain possession. The other is a decent counter attacker but makes poor decisions.

Endo, Konate and Gomez all superb as well.

4 Likes