Post Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 23/12/23 5.30pm)

Given that was Arsenals best 11… and we didnt have Jota, Macca and A.Robertson available.

Those players are a huge loss for us.

Still we should of won this.

1 Like

1:1! :frowning_face:

Yeah might stop that now

2 Likes

I missed the Diaz thing how did that look?

1 Like

We’ll thump Burnley and Dyche will mastermind a win against Cheaty at Goodison.

Merry Christmas.

5 Likes

Everyone who laughed at my BTTS - yes bet yesterday, what’s up?!?

I feel we were the better team the entire game after Arsenal scored. Trent hitting the crossbar was so damn unlucky. I’m really worried when Salah leaves in January. We need Jota back asap! Diaz and Gapko need to step it up…

2 Likes

Cody is a sublimely talented player who is a bit meek.

We need to unlock his inner cunt.

9 Likes

Trent missed the chance to win it but I thought outside of that he was the most outstanding player on the pitch. Defensively he was spot on and he was constantly the one driving us forwards and probing the Arsenal defence.

We’d be absolutely fucked without him. He runs this team.

Konate and Endo were also excellent for the full 90 and Jones was probably the second best player in the team until he was subbed.

Good game, enjoyable watch for a neutral Inam guessing.

Edit: Oh and Gomes is a very high quality full back. Don’t think he can play CB anymore but he’s been quality this season.

9 Likes

fair result i think on the balance of play

1:1 isn’t a bad result but we definitely had the chances to win that one. Hell, I thought Gomez might grab it.

The injuries are worrying. We are starting to get multiple hits in certain positions. Hopefully some positive news on that but I’m not holding my breath.

1 Like

Hopefully a bruised kneecap

i give endo my MOTM… i thought he was everywhere today

4 Likes

Just too unlucky, we should’ve won it but today just it wasn’t meant to be. Hopefully we use these moments and learn from the mistakes and be better in the second half of the season.

Its quite telling that Arsenal had their best players available and we were by a mile the better team today, and just got exhausted in the last 20mins of the game and couldn’t push for the win anymore.

Hopefully diaz and tsimi are okay, otherwise we have to play the kids soon.

Definitely won it on points
Definite pen
Saka very lucky he’s English otherwise hes walking for that high footed ‘slip’
Trent unlucky with the bobble.

Ibou immense.
Thought Joe was decent too

First 10 mins was Arsenals… the rest…apart from a 5 minute toward the end of the 2nd half… was all us.

7 Likes

Hiya and welcome. I’m

1 Like

… drunk?

1 Like

Arsenal scored many on set pieces. They had a week to prepare and they scored with their first one with the well timed blocking. That was disappointing. We corrected it straight away after that and were witched on for the rest of the game with the blocking trap.

Salah after a quiet start with the all important equalizer. Before that, the handball by Odengaard would be pen 9 out of 10 times. VAR then never got involved quelle surprise.

Last week Onana disrupting with taking time on goal kicks. This week Zinchenko with throw ins. Anfield louder than last week, but need to get on the ref’s back more.94th minute, 15 seconds on a throw. Crowd need to get on top of that by letting ref know.

Ref let the game low in the first half (nothing wrong with that), but then in the second, he started to give Arses all 50-50 challenges.

And then the Trent chance. An overload of three players, and off the crossbar. Just needed to apply a slighter lighter touch.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! Special mention to Virg for his ‘Have you been drinking’ shout to the ref!

8 Likes

6 draws out of 18 games, and one loss. The 2008-09 close season was about too many draws as well.

Tsimikas out with a collarbone injury. Joe can step in till Andy returns. Need a win away to Burnley.

2 Likes

ban or fine incoming