Post Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 23/12/23 5.30pm)

We were the better team for like 60 minutes and we ended up losing two players to injuries and dropping two more points at home, while getting robbed out of a clear penalty.
Sometimes football really sucks.

Konate and Van Dijk were immense, TAA tremendous in possession, Tsimikas and especially Gomez rock solid, Endo, Sloboszlai ran their hearts out, Jones was everywhere but only Salah contributed from the forwards.

Klopp didn’t help matters by subbing Jones for the positively diabolical Gravenberch but what we lacked was luck and fair treatment by the officials.

7 Likes

Exciting game. Arsenal tactically astute in terms of game management. We didn’t press home our superiority in the 3rd quarter. 4th quarter even. I’ll take a point. No Liverpool players stood out so went for Endo as MoM. Klopp clearly has faith in him.

1 Like

That was a proper top of the table clash, with two quality teams going at it.

We were the better side and were unlucky with the penalty non decision, and also the Trent shot onto the bar - which bobbled up right before he hit it (pitch surface a bit iffy?) but we did enough to win that.

Klopp 2.0 is in its infancy and so I’m very hopeful, as we are still up there with more to come.

2 Likes

Gonna be a fun title race this, let’s be excited we’re part of it again. Life’s good, it’s alright, it’s Christmas, we’re happy. Look at less fortunates Utd, Chelsea and Everton…they can’t have that same happiness right now.

We are half way through the season and we are unbeaten in the league, no one has managed to beat us.

3 Likes

That’s what unbeaten usually means.

I need someone to explain to me, how that wasn’t handball. Odegard didn’t slip at all, not that should make any difference anyway. He definitely moved his arm towards the ball. It was a penalty.

12 Likes

No losses, only wins and draws in L town. 2 wins for every draw baby.

Yep I know what unbeaten means.

Subjective decision from the ref by giving full benefit of doubt to Odegaard. Compounded by VAR agreeing with the interpretation.

Dale Johnson in his VAR review will probably say ref saw the slip and subjectively thought Odegaard was putting his arm down his side. He’ll probably also say it wasn’t a mistake for VAR not to intervene.

Anyone who has played the game knows that Odengaard panicked and intentionally swatted it away.

6 Likes

We were the better side but no thanks to any of our forwards other than Mo. It really worries me what will happen when he’s off to the African Cup…

Virg, Ibu and Endo were colossal today in spite of Saka trying to disable most of them… still lost Tsiki though….That is another worry.

Too many of our players lacking big game confidence. We would have smashed them with Mane and Bobby at their peak

I so miss them.

I don’t really see what Nunez, Grav, Sopz and Gakpo bringing at the moment, bang average at best. They need to step up or we look for replacements again

2 Likes

Coote was in charge of VAR. No suprise then.

8 Likes

That, exactly.

4 Likes

I thought this was exactly the kind of decision VAR was introduced for.

9 Likes

Because Kav is bent and Coote is useless and possibly bent.

6 Likes

And why are the arse having extra days recuperation between each game…we average 3 to 4 days between games…they(the group of snidey shits) have 7 days and 5 days off…not really testing them

3 Likes

Well for this game, unfortunately they got eliminated from the League Cup a while ago, and soon they will be eliminated from the FA Cup…

1 Like

Its another inexplicable decision, that ruins any cogent analysis of the match.

We can talk all day about fair results, poor finishing, Klopp 2…but the fact remains that we are being cheated in matches.
Today compounds what we already know.

5 Likes

Wataru Endo stats vs Arsenal:

• Accurate Passes - 42/48
• Touches - 60
• Final 3rd Passes - 5
• Accurate Crosses - 1
• Accurate Long Balls - 1/2
• Tackles Won - 3/3
• Interceptions - 2
• Recoveries - 5
• Duels Won - 6/10

Best DM on the pitch today!:jp:

13 Likes

Good game but could have done with winning the cunt really. Nightmare that Klopp has injured Kostas :rofl:

1 Like

Jackson handball? No penalty
Shaw handball? No penalty
Odegaard handball? No penalty

What is the common theme here?

DAVID COOTE IS ON VAR. MYSTERY SOLVED!

10 Likes