Post Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 9/4/23 4.30pm)

Player of the Match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • FABINHO
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • Curtis JONES
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Cody GAKPO
  • Thiago ALCANTARA
  • Darwin NUNEZ
  • Roberto FIRMINO

0 voters

Unused subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Milner, Elliott, Tsimikas, Matip

:arrows_counterclockwise: 60’ Thiago ALCANTARA :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Curtis JONES

:arrows_counterclockwise: 60’ Darwin NUNEZ :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Diogo JOTA

:arrows_counterclockwise: 78’ Roberto FIRMINO :arrow_right: :arrow_left: FABINHO

:soccer: 42’ Mohamed SALAH (Assist Jordan HENDERSON)

:87’ Roberto FIRMINO (Assist Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD)

What a cracking match. Kudos to both sides and both sets of fans, especially for the immaculately observed minute’s silence.

Credit to the lads for fighting back from 0-2 to get a point but we only have ourselves to blame for that draw. As well as the shambolic defending for both of Arsenal’s goals, there’s a litany of missed chances.

In the first half Robertson, Salah and Henderson wasted glorious chances. Salah (side netting), Salah (penalty) and Darwin all spurned golden opportunities in the second period. Better finishing, and we walk that game. By the way, what a pair of saves from Ramsdale at the death, first from Salah then from Ibou.

Still, that game was a fitting tribute to the 97. May they all rest in peace.

33 Likes

Wow. Didn’t want that to end.

3 Likes

How the f*** did we not win that match?

5 Likes

So we can play

2 Likes

Terrible first 40 minutes, lousy finishing from good positions but by the end of the match, you cannot say we did not display fire and passion to come back and draw the game. Would have loved to win and we should have but this fire is the least we expect to see. Well done and if we continue to display such, I would be happy to bring this as a platform for a rebuild in the summer.

6 Likes

Simply not good enough. There’s no way we should not be winning this game. Terrible defending at times. Missed penalty. Chances not taken. Need to do much better.

1 Like

I saw the second half only and that was the best I’ve seen us play all season. Should have won it based on second half chances.

So, being honest I’m a little disappointed that we didn’t take the points there.

4 Likes

Team is still alive, what a comeback, palpitational ending

8 Likes

Well, it took going two down, but we finally looked a team. Fucking great apart from the first thirty minutes. By ninety we’re disappointed not to get all three.

8 Likes

How did we not fucking win that ffs

1 Like

Ref was shit.
We were pretty shit
Salah was shit

Want Arsneal to go and win the rest of their games now and win the league.

That save.

FMD…

And the fucking pricks didn’t want him anyway.

2 Likes

The infuriating thing is that you can see what we’re capable of. We’re just prone to being really crap in moments.

Most exciting match I’ve watched in a while. More proud of our side today than after the MU drubbing. What a match from Hendo. Turned back the clock. What a cameo from Firmino. Turned back the clock. Becker was immense. Konate was superb. After that double yellow we bossed the match. A bit more good fortune and we take all three points, but what a great marker that we can still do it when we show up.

3 Likes

Excellent turnaround after a really poor opening 30 minutes, really should have won it with the chances we had towards the end. Konate was absolutely brilliant second half, shame he couldn’t cap it off with a tap in at the end.

3 Likes

Lucky lucky arsenal, Mo should be celebrating a hatrick. Great second half from us, @Notasuperfan stopped mentioning Henderson so good news. Onwards and upwards.

1 Like