Post match: Liverpool v Atletico Madrid (UCL 3/11/2021 8pm)

The 2nd time Mane has been subbed off at half-time against these cunts because of their shithousery. Simeone is a fucking cancer that needs cutting out.

10 Likes

100%. I never minded Trippier before but he’s become a right asshole after moving to Atletico. Guess who’s responsible.

3 Likes

Also someone get De Paul a lounge chair as he spent more time rolling around the floor than actually playing football. The non-challenge with Hendo and then Div on the sideline…argh!!

3 Likes

Actually agree with Michael Owen at HT - the ref saw it as an “orange”, and was most likely to give a yellow plus a stern word, but then the antics by Felipe forced his hand to not give the benefit of doubt, and so pulled out the red for violent conduct.

Remember that early on the game, the headed challenge by Tsimi on Trippier - the ref made Tsimi come back all the way to him, so that he could have some words.

2 Likes

they have to figure it out… cant sub him everytime he is targeted

3 Likes

A penny for Marcos Llorente’s dog, Anfield.

Also, wise for Simeone to pre-emptively say that he wasn’t going to shake Klopp’s hand. He knew what was coming.

2 Likes

We were singing loudly at the Pub “I wanna shake your hand”!

1 Like

My 3 picks:

1. TAA
  2. Jota
  3. Hendo

TBH, I had a hard time to select 2nd and 3rd choices, as there are so many candidates. Fab and the much maligned Ox controlled the middle of the park so well. Mo and Sadio were the sandman giving the ATM defenders non-stop nightmares. Tsimi appears to be more than an understudy of Robbo and did so well. Joel and VvD kept pretty much everything away from Ali.

Just hope that Ox did not have any lingering knocks, and Bobby comes back quickly and strongly, while able to stay away for the international break (saw him ran up the pitch, then pulled up and slowly walked across the field, while Thiago gave the ball away almost resulting in a massive chance for ATM).

Kind of related to tonights game. My thoughts;

Glad Robbo got rested/dropped. I am a massive fan of his, but in my opinion he has been off it for just short of a year. I personally would give Tsimikas a run of games, he has always given a decent account of himself.

Sadio, looks like he is getting back to the Sadio we all love, running and bullying defenders. Lets hope his go-go gadget legs continue to return to their best.

Never talk out loud in the pub about Jota being good with his head, he will only make you regret your comment by shouldering a certain goal.

A good Ox is a valuable player, giving us a more dynamic and direct midfielder aswell as a threat from long range. I remain optimistic that he can become more consistent by staying fit - i know the irony in saying this after he left the pitch with a knock tonight.

Matip is definitely the best CB partner for VVD at present. Great ball for the disallowed Jota goal. However, it will be interesting to see if he starts against Westham and the physical Antonio.

We need a goal scoring midfielder, there’s a Dutch fella playing for PSG who I feel would be a good signing. Not sure if he would come to us though :fishing_pole_and_fish:

1 Like

Why does it seem like everytime i watch a Liverpool game they show training session

3 Likes

Complete rubbish, what happened to my 3-0 prediction?
That’s the minimum bar even if the lads play well and dominate the midfield. :crazy_face:

Complete domination tralalalala! of the whole group!!! :smiley:

1 Like

It was an honest spelling mistake at the draw boys and girls, it wasn’t “The Group of Death”, it was actually “The Group of the dead”, because we’d kill everyone…

5 Likes

Anyone got a post match reaction by simeone we can laugh at?

2 Likes

It was lovely looking at Simeoni’s face last night and suarez when he got subbed.:grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

I love that we won but I am seeing a very disturbing trend that our future opponents will exploit against us. It’s that if they start the matches with just 10 players, they will stop us from scoring

2 Likes

Wish we’d taken our chances early second half would have loved to have given them a good old spanking

I truly hate them, team of thugs and a manager so classless he cant even shake hands at the end of the game.

4 Likes

Jordan Henderson sought out Luis Suarez at full-time and the pair walked off the pitch together.

Class by our skipper.

6 Likes

And if they allow us to take a 2-0 lead, we’ll stop playing :joy_cat:

3 Likes

yes i know. 100% deliberate and pretty cynical. Stopped a dangerous breakaway but it wasn’t a career ender etc. it was just a good old “professional foul”. It needs stopping but this is probably one of the first occasions that I can remember where a red was given for a challenge like that, especially in that position on the field.I’m not complaining though, it put an end to a lot of the niggly stuff they do

2 Likes

Last season, Shitty against Leeds with the oil money a goal down. Raphina bursts through, and Fernandinho (who else?) could have easily tripped him for a “professional foul”, but opted to jump high into the thigh to make sure the player was stopped. He only got a yellow for that, and Raphina missed some games.

I think UEFA is trying to stop that sort of cynical foul, where more force than necessary is used at a height. Also, it will surprise no one that Fernandinho should’ve been booked earlier in that game anyway.

If he hadn’t been an idiot about it, the ref would probably have given him a yelllow and said to him that it was close to a red so cut it out.

1 Like