Post match: Liverpool v Atletico Madrid (UCL 3/11/2021 8pm)

Was all fun and games until our lads got hurt.

A highly professional performance against an absolute team of shithouses. Hope we put out the U12s against Porto so they’ve got a chance to put Atleti out.

Fingers crossed Ox and Bobby were just precautions. Amazing the difference Fabinho makes. Let’s Henderson hoon about the place being a pest.

Also, what a mad ref. Reckon he let a couple fouls worse than the sending off go without even blowing for a foul. And he was clearly pretty okay with Mane getting booted about the place the first seven times but the eighth was just too much for him.

3 Likes

I think Ox might be I do fear for the Firmino one you have to worry when they go down the tunnel.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yeah that worried me. An able deputy in Jota though who looks very settled now.

Was gutted Taki had his goal chalked off. Was a lovely strike and on a big CL night at the Kop. Could have been a real confidence booster for him. However, the less said about Origi’s forty yarder the better.

2 Likes

Kelleher, Neco, Konate, Gomez, Robbo, Morton, Milner, Ox, Minamino, Origi, Gordon.

This team can earn the club another 2.5m at home to Porto surely

2 Likes

:frowning_face:

Very sorry to hear that dude.

9 Likes

If you check the slow mo, he rakes his left foot, then takes out his right.

2 Likes

Two cracking goals to secure the points. Atletico are dirty bastards, I’m surprised they got to the end of the game with 10 men. It was if they were collecting cards. Someone should remind them that it isn’t like pogs (showing my age).

3 Likes

Great result once again. Very difficult group and done it easy. Well done to Klopp and the lads.

3 Likes

Cathartic watch , wasn’t it? Group of Deathpool. The lads truely owned it.

Trent , Hendo and Sadio for me. Nuff said - getting into mid week drinking now…

1 Like

That is the Group of Death done and dusted.
That dirty shower done with.Hope the injuries were not serious,but Bobby might be a bit more serious.
Can only hope it isn’t.
Some damn fine performances there though.Tsimi looking like he might give Klopp a pleasant headache to have at LB.
Good one from Trent,Jota is looking the goods.Mane was on fire,especially early and was receiving a lot of grief from the arseholes.
Now let’s sort West Ham!

4 Likes

Nice report Cynicaloldgit, as ever, and sorry to hear about your personal circumstances.

Up the reds!

8 Likes

homer simpson GIF

3 Likes

Much needed performance after Saturdays disappointing result
Shame we couldn’t convert a couple more of those chances and properly put them to the sword - I don’t think 4 or even 5-0 would have flattered us.

Kostas had a really good game too…Robbo has been ‘off it’ for a little while so that’s very good to see

Job done

3 Likes

During the game I thought that I heard George Sefton the stadium announcer say " and coming on for Pathetico is". That would have summed them up nicely IMO.
Pathetically going down and rolling around at any contact in the first few minutes. Once they realised that the ref was having none of it, they just seemed to run out of ideas. And pathetic was their performance with out the free kicks etc that refs usually give them.

Liverpool 2 Pathetico Madrid 0

:+1::nerd_face:

14 Likes

One got a slight shove and went down holding his knee for about 2 minutes, baffling as at 2-0 you’d kind of want to get on with it.

I think it was the free kick they had that offside from :rofl:

2 Likes

So this is the way it is for this football club now?

We have to take the magnificent Sadio Mane off because he’s being targeted by a bunch of absolute fucking cunts (for the 3rd game in a row) and it’s only a matter of time before he gets a serious injury or a red card.
We bring on Bobby as his replacement and he ends up with a hamstring injury when under normal circumstances he wouldn’t be on the pitch.
What a total fucking embarrassment for the spineless shithouses running the game.
We had to see out 40 minutes against the manc shite for fear of our players being crocked and then this tonight. What’s the fucking point?

As for the game it was men against scum. I’d pay good money if it meant we threw the Porto game to put these shithouses out.
Gave MOTM to Tsimikas who was boss, Fabinho for just slotting straight back in there and taking the piss and also for the Ox who just got better and better as the game went on and showed us there’s still hope for him going forward.
Also great to see Thiago get some minutes but he still dawdles on the ball far too often and puts us in danger.
To finish. Mo Salah is head and shoulders the best player on the planet right now.

11 Likes

I’d pay someone good money to kick the SHIT out of Koke. Prick of the highest order

5 Likes

I am still absolutely fuming from the treatment Mane got

3 Likes

Loved seeing him burn off Correa and put that cross in that came off Jota’s shoulder

3 Likes