Post match: Liverpool v Atletico Madrid (UCL 3/11/2021 8pm)

Pretty much a perfect night. Although the red ruined the game, for us it was ideal to coast the last half an hour, have Fab and Thiago back playing, Robbo rested and Kostas playing well, Salah looked sharp as did Mane. Thought Ox looked good as well today. He needs regular games to get going.

Only blot is Bobby going off. Assume its a groin or calf or something like that.

The last two group games provide the opportunity to rest players and get some minutes in others legs.

4 Likes

The good part is internationals coming up, so hopefully not too many games missed. Hoping Keita, Milly can return as well soon.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for Simeones handshake and congratz to Jürgen. :smirk:

Classy lad :yawning_face:

6 Likes

Bizarre first half where I thought Mane was on fire and Athletico were in their full shithousery mood. 2 great goals, then the sending off and that pretty much ended the contest.

I’m undecided on the red card to be honest. I can see why he gets done for it and in the grand scheme it’s the right decision but you see that kind of challenge all the time (ahem Milner) and it’s never given. Perhaps that’s the right way to deal with it and put a stop to it?

No complaints however bar the few lads that have picked up knocks. Feels like we’re falling like flies again.

3 Likes

onto the next…

2 Likes

robbo might have a problem on his hands with this tsimikas fellow

9 Likes

Agree. I put it down to the UEFA refs being told to nit take any antics and use the rule book fully.

1 Like

Anyhow I went with the full backs and Jota who was giving it to one of the arseholes at Madrid at some point and made me laugh plus he looked lively.

6 Likes

Lol klopp saying the two mo games are very important to win from a financial standpoint

2 Likes

Glad I was totally wrong on this one excellent performance from the lads…

Gave it to Ox, not because he was the best man on the pitch, but because he was so much better than last time.

3 Likes

Considering it almost cost us the CL qualification in general I hope it’s a joke.

Don’t mind a mix and match side at home against Porto but I’d like a very second string one for Milan.

3 Likes

Nah… he was very serious…

1 Like

That’s right, it used to be something like £500,000 for a win. It will be more than that now I think.

2 Likes

while mulling over the possibility of putting on the kit for a runabout himself on Match Day 6…

2 Likes

How much would missing out on the CL cost?

how skint are we when meaningless games hold such importance…every cent counts

Millions I suppose.

It is € 2.5m for a win now.

2 Likes

Not peanuts then?

It is serious money now, these 4 wins got us €10m

3 Likes