Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 19/8/23 3pm)

The expected result, but made difficult by a bad first 15 minutes from our lads, and then playing with ten men during the last 30 due to a totally idiotic decision from the ref (or a biased/corrupt one, your choice).

Our three forwards score, three points in the bag, and hopefully Trent and Diaz just got a knock and nothing more serious, fingers crossed!

Take it away, lads and ladesses!

3 Likes

5 Likes

Big Dom my MOTM

He just ooozes class.

20 Likes

DOM DOM DOM!!! Thats all

12 Likes

Red card felt a little like ref decided the pen was soft at half time and felt he had to make a big call the other way to even things up.

As soft a red as you will ever see.

6 Likes

Poor start, wasteful moments, never a red, but got the 3 points we deserved.

Hope they rescind maccas red.

5 Likes

The officiating in England just got bad to worse in this gameweek so far. First, it was Mac allister getting that very harsh red card. Then a second yellow card for Fulham’s Ream for a very minimal touch( it wasn’t even a pull) and a penalty to Brentford…

Howard Webb returning to the PGMOL has made things worse instantly within 2 weeks.

As for Szoboslai, he looks worthy of the number 8 jersey.

3 Likes

Scary first minutes of the game. Glad we managed to get back in it and win it.
Can this red card be appealed?

1 Like

New referee trying to make his mark against us. Clear as fuck the idiot came here with an agenda

2 Likes

They certainly should, but serious question here: have we ever had a red card rescinded?

2 Likes

The club still has the ability to appeal the card card definitely won’t be overturned but it would interesting to see them try to explain why.

3 Likes

They won’t because there was contact so it comes down to judgement and they will back the ref (might tell him he’s an idiot in private but they will back him publicly)

3 Likes

First 10-15 mins were terrible but thought we played some great stuff in spells afterwards. Szoboszlai looks the real deal & Endo had a decent cameo.Newcastle will be a good test next week to see where we really are.

2 Likes

LFC can try but knowing the FA, they would increase it instead…

3 Likes

I think the commentary was that the incident was so 50/50 that once the referee too the view of giving a red card instead of just a yellow, and because its not a clear and obvious error, the VAR is not likely to revoke the call during the review. I know what we would think about the VAR and referees against Liverpool but in this case, I don’t think the referee was absolutely rubbish in this decision, it was a case of how you want to see it because if you see it as Mac foot high, putting the feet from a high position, down and in, then obviously its a red card but if I see from the perspective that the Bournemouth player is also bringing his leg up towards Mac, then is it then a case of an unfortunate coming together of the feet. So its unfortunate the referee took the former view.

2 Likes

Doubt even the Bournemouth player felt a kick. Shitty diver

2 Likes

You just get the feeling that a combination of injuries , shit refereeing decisions and experimental formations that has people playing out of position is seriously going to affect our chances this year.

Let’s just hope that everyone’s ok for next weekend and that ludicrous red card gets overturned.

1 Like

I hope the lad Mac Allister tackled is ok. Looked career ending and should see him miss quite a few games. Right guys?!?

If the red card is not rescinded, are we looking at a 3 games ban?

1 Like

Started sloppy but grew into the game after going down a goal.
Soft penalty but softer red card. Szobo showed us his qualities. What a player he is.
Diaz excellent again I’ll give him man of the match.
Negatives are the injuries and red card.

1 Like