Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 19/8/23 3pm)

And honestly, glad we got the 3 points and our first 15 minutes showed us why just getting new players while necessary are not the main issues we have and made me really appreciate how well oiled the peak Hendo, Gini and Fabinho were. Doing the simple things really well. And I saw that in Endo in the short cameo, takes the ball, keep the ball, make simple passes, take the pressure off and calm down. But there is no doubt that this team can become that team that won everything a few seasons ago.

5 Likes

arseholes in charge starting early to put the kibosh on our season arenā€™t they.

2 Likes

Whereā€™s COG with the poll? :joy:

1 Like

If you wanted to hurt LFC in our next gameā€¦ you would send off our DM this weekā€¦ Level of refereeing is appalling

4 Likes

Great to get the first win of the season. Now we need to build some consistency unlike last season. I still feel weā€™re rushing too much when weā€™re pressed hard like at the beginning of the game. We lose possession so easily, and coughs up high scoring chances for the opposition. Klopp needs that quality No.6 in our system to make our team click. Hopefully we can sign one before the window is closed. Another thing I would like to see is Gakpo playing center forward instead AM. I understand why heā€™s put there at the moment, but heā€™s far more lethal and effective in the No.9 spot.
Szbo is an amazing player, his shooting ability and running power will really help us out this season. Oh, szbo should take over PK duty from Mo as well, I think it would do Mo and The team good for the future.
The team better appeal the red card for Macca, that wasnā€™t a straight red and it was accidental. We need him for Newcastle next weekend. Endo came on and was tidy in possession. Nothing flashy and was useful on the ball.
Overall it was a good game, had some nice stretch where we dominated and nice 3pts.

YNWA

13 Likes

Isnā€™t that Endo?

Yes

MOTM
  • Big Dom
0 voters
3 Likes

They will use the language saying that ā€œyellow would have been preferable but it is not an error. ā€œ

It was a shit decision but weā€™re not getting anything out of it

3 Likes

Anyhow credible performance considering the 10 men, usually shit the bed.

Tough decisions to make for next week, I assume Endo starts. Dom sounded like he was involved all over on the audio.

Anyhow itā€™s a win and after a poor start (take that).

2 Likes

Its one thing to back the ref, but this is a misinterpretation of the rules. VAR didnt go for it which is annoying but fine as we won. But the FA will need to justify this decision as it sets a precedent.

We will know soon enough, but a three game ban is a joke for what was at most a yellow.

Look forward to Shearer on MOTD claim that Szbozo dived for his penalty and that the red was fairā€¦cockend.

3 Likes

To the outside world and the bubble the referees live inā€¦ they would think it was MacAllister

1 Like

We started with the same problem that plagued us last season. Thinking that the opposition is weak and weā€™ve got this in the bag. Well, Bournemouth certainly showed that we cannot afford to be so complacent against ā€˜smallerā€™ teams.

Once we got into our stride we looked pretty good, until the ref decided to fuck us up. Then injuries and substitutions fucked us up even more, but by then the game was pretty much won, but again complacency crept back in and we could have lost two points in the last ten minutes or so.

If thereā€™s any justice in the world then that red card will get overturned pretty quickly.

4 Likes
  • Ali
  • Trent
  • Ibou
  • Virg
  • Robbo
  • Mac
  • Big Dom
  • Gakpo
  • Mo
  • Jota
  • Diaz
  • Endo
  • Gomez
  • Elliot
  • Darwin
  • Kostas
0 voters

Vote Big Dom again btw

1 Like

https://twitter.com/asimbnr/status/1692929099419754544

2 Likes

US post game analysis has already done just that.

2 Likes

I knew it as soon as I saw the officials in VAR Tierney the manc Klopp hater and the guy who elbowed Robbo the 4th official Taylor that red was a disgrace for those who hope it will be overturned thatā€™s not going to happen appealing is going to increase the penalty

1 Like

Yep. Straight red.

That is to be honest.

Gomez I guess.

At least we now have a DM.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/MaddockMirror/status/1692931835808887150

8 Likes