Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 19/8/23 3pm)

Not really that worrying having ice on his ankle.

Had it been a pressure boot and crutches then i would agree. But he’s walking without needing any sort of aid so should be good as gold in 2-3 days

2 Likes

Hopefully it’s just Macallister.

I agree it’s a crap decision.

1 Like

Fingers crossed then!

3 Likes

No.

A straight red is 1 automatic game which can be extended to 3.

2 Likes

Sloppy start, then we got into the game. Red card was a joke - you’ll see that type of slight mistimed challenge all season which will result in yellow, or a just a free kick, or even nothing at all.

PGMOL as usual will use corporate language and bend the explanation to justify why it was plausible to give a straight red.

I’d still appeal the red though.

2 Likes

I guess a red card is a tribute Liverpool needs to pay PGMOL for new players at the start of each season, like Nunez last year.

4 Likes

Yeah but Nunez was dumb and a red.

2 Likes

Am I just imagining it or has Harvey Elliott had two nifty sub shifts to begin the season?

3 Likes

He looked decent in pre season as well.

He looks and sounds like the player who started that season so well a year or so back.

Anyhow how did Endo play?

2 Likes

Violent conduct though, which is what this will be, is an automatic 3 games

1 Like

So happy we pulled our socks up on occasion and won.
Need to work to get those clean sheets mind, defense and midfield are sieves!

2 Likes

It was but note the confrontation between Enzo and Jota last week. The only difference was Jota didn’t throw himself on the floor. And no one was remotely upset a red wasn’t given which is why it’s so absurd that people don’t lose their shit when one’s like Nunez’s is given as a red.

4 Likes

Had some moments in both directions. Hard to tell, really. Not sure he even practiced with his new mates, and he’s used to shouts in German. We give him some time.

1 Like

All the more reason to appeal it.

I doubt they would claim it a frivolous appeal and extend it to 4 games.

Most likely they’ll just reject it and keep it at a 3 game ban.

2 Likes

We’ve got to be better in possession. So many of our issues come from giving the ball away sloppily and in bad positions

This is always a problem for a team but it is a massive problem for a side that tries to high press

3 Likes

Szobo and Diaz were quality throughout, relentless performances. Ibou with another very classy display back there.

Wobbly start all from our own doing really, got a grip of it as the game went on.

Don’t ever let Ali’s few mishaps worry anyone…that’s bound to happen when we play the way we do…the way Klopp would want him and how he’s instructed to, the guy comes out trumps every time anyway as we saw 2nd half…2 brilliant saves.

The red card will at the very least need to be rescinded to a 1 game ban, at the very least.

1 Like

I suppose that’s one way to polish a runny turd.
Bournmouth have a better high press than us!

unfortunately only got to see the last half hour, but really delighted we won after going a goal down in the first 5 minutes of the game, and also playing with 10 men

Before his introduction… the only game time Endo had with his new team mates… was the game of Monopoly at the hotel last night :0)

1 Like

Posted at 17:3317:33

‘We should talk about the red card’

FT: Liverpool 3-1 Bournemouth

Liverpool

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, speaking to Sky Sports: "Horrible start. Horrible start to the game. I thought the first goal we conceded was offside and a wake up call. OK, you take that. And then a minute later we conceded a regular goal which is not cool. We needed a few minutes to shake it off and then we were really good. We scored two goals which was really good. The second half it changed completely because all of a sudden we were 10 men but scored the third goal, which is very important in this moment. It gave us energy. It is second match day and tough. It was surprisingly hot today so it was really intense for the boys but we fought through that and didn’t concede anymore, got the three points and that is all that I need.

"Of course it should not happen and we will speak about it and hopefully not do it again [the poor start]. It gave the opposition a massive boost and they started super front-footed. When we found our way into the game we played in areas we had to play and we were calm, which is good. I said after Chelsea, after we conceded I saw us getting into a rush. I did not see that today. We found our way back into it and played the game we wanted. We scored two and had more chances. After 58 minutes the red card and after that it was tough for both teams, but for sure the team with a man less.

“I saw the red card back and for sure we have to talk about it. I understand 100% how it looks for a ref in that moment but when you see it back it is the inside of the foot and no power behind it. It is not ruthless it is just mis-hit the ball and then hit slightly the shin of the other player. We saw harsher challenges which were not a red card and this shouldn’t have been. I don’t know exactly what we have to do, but we should talk about it again.”

10 Likes