Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 19/8/23 3pm)

There’s nothing to talk about with the red card.

It was a poor decision, ref clearly saw something different where a player went with with studs first…he didn’t. It will get overturned. Endof.

Now had we not gone on to win the game…then there would be a few things to talk about.

3 Likes

Is he having a dig at Tiernay again :wink:

2 Likes

It was dumb but Enzo did it to Jota last week and Jota got booked for it. The inconsistencies in the way football is refereed in this country are baffling.

1 Like

Onwards and upwards.

I don’t care it was dumb and it was red.

We can talk about inconsistency that’s fine but it was dumb and stupid and cost us a striker when we needed.

I can’t really blame Macallister on that as it’s nothing much.

Sloppy start and overall iffy display. The balance of the side is not right either, but the addition of a defensive midfielder gives us a chance to address that.

The red card was a disgrace. Instep, not studs up, not high either. Complete joke. Any missed games from the ban will just add to the injustice of it. Feel sorry for Mac.

At this stage, the three points are the all important thing.

The performance level isn’t there yet, and the right balance and blend hasn’t been achieved yet either, as we aren’t controlling it nearly like we should.

There’s a lot more to come.

Was it violent conduct?

I missed the game so can only go off the reations on here but doesn’t seem like it was violent

It was dumb in that you’re giving the ref a clear excuse to send you off. And Lord knows refs don’t need much of an excuse to give us a red

As evidenced by today.

1 Like

It’s perfectly consistent

If there is a confrontation where one player puts his head in on the other and that player stays on his feet they both get a booking and no one ever talks about it again

If the player throws himself on the floor it’s a red and everyone condemns the player for a head butt saying “you just cannot do that”

2 Likes

Webb the PGMOL will circle the wagons and make it justifiable.

Honestly this season they’ve started worse than a dumpster fire!

At this raise they’ll asphyxiate themselves with all the about turns they’ll have to do explaining themselves

2 Likes

Doesn’t look good.

2 Likes

Great post match interview by Dom, he’s so incredibly grateful to get the chance to player for Liverpool and he loves it.

5 Likes

Happy with our shape in attack. Dom fits like a glove. Not much else to report. On another day, we put a few more of those away.

Again, it seemed like Bournemouth were able to advance from centre circle to our box with such ease. I could be adding 2+2 and getting 5, but it felt like that didn’t happen so much in the final third of the game when we had Endo on. That said, regardless of our shape, a big issue on the first half was just our lax play at the back - including from Ali and Virgil. If in doubt, boot it out ffs.

The red - a joke. Watched it at the pub with the Glasgow OLSC and there was an audible gasp when the ref pulled that card out.

2 Likes

Yup. Think it’s a swollen ankle. Hopefully should be fit for the next game in a week’s time. Doesn’t look like a break else he will be on crutches.

Not quite nifty this go around. Gave the ball away twice, in dangerous positions.

I think he might be trying the soft shoe shuffle approach at first, instead of the veins in his neck sticking-out, and him pulling a face that would win any gurning competition…
He might be waiting to see if they admit they fucked up before deciding to challenge it… Either way, I feel LFC should ask for it to be changed to a yellow

3 Likes

Klopp said it was a kick and he should be ok in his post match up above.

2 Likes

Yeah he was limping for 10 mins or so before coming off which suggests it was an impact injury they were seeing if he could run off. It’ll be sore and he maybe will miss a couple of days of training but you’d expect him to be ok for Newcastle especially with the longer gap between the games

2 Likes