Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 19/8/23 3pm)

The last few days were intense for Endo’

FT: Liverpool 3-1 Bournemouth

Liverpool

More from Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, speaking to Sky Sports: "I am not sure it is clear and obvious with the way we use VAR [for the red card]. There is contact. I don’t want to give advice to the refs but if he gives a yellow I don’t think anyone says it is a red card. I can’t believe that. Yes there is contact, this is clear. But this happens all the time in the game. There must be a different intention behind when it is a red card. Let’s see what we can do. We will try to talk to people

“It was not how you plan it [the introduction of Wataru Endo]. The last two days for him were brutally intense. This morning we sat and spoke but we did not speak about a 4-4-1. I didn’t think that would happen. Everyone knows when you come on for five minutes in a game like this it feels like you have played 200. Everything is new. This midfield never, ever played together. It was not planned but we came through it and now he has his first minutes.”

On Trent Alexander-Arnold: “He told me it is just a kick so I hope that is all it is. It is painful but should go away pretty quickly.”

We didn’t talk about a 4-4-1 :rofl:

5 Likes

Kicked in the ankle and not a straight red?!!??

WTF?!?

Who was that? Dom?

1 Like

Trent.

Was just a kick Klopp said he should be fine.

1 Like

We are still far to easy to play against and through. That needs addressing.

3 Likes

Even the Bournemouth manager said it wasn’t a red

15 Likes

Alan Shearer will say it was a red and the FA will listen to him.

Mike dean also said it was a red.

1 Like

Yes because the ref moved away initially until he was obviously told by Tierney and gave it as red

i’m confused…

1 Like

About?

Webb will have been on blower, Mike me old cohort in bullshit set the narrative going it was a red.

1 Like

Keep in mind this was only a yellow because [reasons]

7 Likes

Leg is over shin height!

Seems like a real likeable fella him.

should have been a red that…

the player clearly tried to injure Haaland by head-butting his foot.

1 Like

Probably the clearest example of refeering bias I’ve ever seen in football.

Quite obvious cheating from Tierney and the juicehead. I’m sure the usual suspects will say they’ve made (another) honest mistake, but that is blatant bias.

9 Likes

Any discussion of the propriety of the refs has to factor in that we got a very soft penalty.

4 Likes

Doesn’t equate to giving a non-existent Red Card.

1 Like

your posts…