Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 19/8/23 3pm)

This was also a yellow

3 Likes

Agreed. I get it’s Sunday league football put a dead leg leaves your leg walking like that and is normal the next day. The boot etc is the nightmare not ice

If we are horse trading, I’ll take a first half penalty to give us the lead for a 60th minute red card as a fair trade.

Which doesn’t make the ref competent or anything.

My sarcasm that the FA will have seen enough from the media shills to justify that red?

There’s no way that would equate out. An unfair penalty when we’re leading by the slimmest of margins 2-1. That would get a better team’s tail up.

Not a huge believer in these things equating out over the season. But if they do, hopefully a City fucker is sent off for a snide challenge at Emptyhad against us and we then make full use of that

Did you started support Liverpool last week … :ghost:

Still furious about the red card and hope we will never see that cunt again.

1 Like

Yes he absolutely was.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1692947838316003570/photo/1

https://twitter.com/Tactical_Times/status/1692929765026537665

6 Likes

Szobo and Mac both look very much like the real deal so far. We figure out the right balance around them and the team has a very solid base to work from.

We just have stop spitting crap teams a goal tos tart games out of sheer bone headed stupidity. Trent’s touch and awareness let him down on that goal, but the pass too him was a ridiculous choice that put him in a very awkward position 10 seconds after we’d just road our luck a little on a correct off side decision.

2 Likes

Quite the opposite, he saw what everyone who doesn’t wear a black and white shirt saw :slight_smile:

Shearer’s one of the good guys, dunno why people’s opinions of him are disdained.

2 Likes

My only worry with dom is we overplay him. In the two matches alone he has already played close to 200 minutes of football. Even Klopp said in the 2nd half they had to hold him back a little bit because he covers so much ground… Signing another midfielder (dm) will definitely help with this

Wasn’t a penalty, wasn’t a red. The only possible explanation I could suggest is he was trying to compensate. Regardless, great game, Diaz you absolute bloody genius. So good to have him back fit and firing.

2 Likes

All this bollocks in here about it not being a penalty:

a) the defender makes contact with Dom
b) there is no contact with the ball
c) it’s in the penalty area

Ergo, it is a penalty.

The fact that Dom went down theatrically is neither here nor there.

15 Likes

There was contact, it was a penalty. It wasn’t a sending off, appeal it and get it rescinded. Nothing more to be said.

3 Likes

We’d be raging if that was given against us

1 Like

I wouldn’t. It’s clear as day.

6 Likes

Hes a cock. Always has been.

Edit: just my opinion of a guy ive been watching on telly for 30 years. You feel free to like the guy

3 Likes

I came in here to look for the poll. Are we not having polls for the post-match threads this season?

@Mascot is the only one capable of organising a poll, and he’s done a runner.

Until he comes back, it doesn’t look like there will be any polls.

1 Like