Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 27/8/22 3pm)

We were also noticeably sharper physically, to a man. Fitness is starting to kick in

6 Likes

Salah will come into scoring form soon. In the meantime we have two young lads off the mark now. They will be raring to go :heart_eyes:

3 Likes
7 Likes

Much much improved. Mad to be a bit gutted with a 9-0 but really wanted that record tenth.

Great reaction. Makes a huge difference when an early chance goes in. But we looked sharper, more focused and more energetic.

Great boost for Elliott and Carvalho picking up goals. Same again in mid week please.

4 Likes

Absolutely fabulous result but Iā€™ll make the point on this, we looked this much better in that 25-30 minute spell against Fulham and Palace (them with 10 men) we just didnā€™t put them away.

Iā€™m confident we will start to put the points on the board now and a boost for the lads coming back

4 Likes

Today I learnedā€¦

4 Likes

Bournemouth were horrific, one of the worst performances ever at Anfield. That said, we still needed to do our part to take advantage, which we most certainly did. Immeasurably improved all over the pitch, that was the real Liverpool and not that unrecognizable rabble from the past 3 weeks. Shame that we had to lose to the scum before we woke up but nothing can be done about it now.

Everyone played really really well but the standout was TAA. The rocket for the 3rd, his passing and movement and most importantly his defensive awareness were excellent. But Iā€™m most pleased for Elliott and Carvalho. Both of them were superb. They are going to be big parts of the team for a very long time.

6 Likes

Millie Bobby Brown - new number Eleven?

8 Likes

They were a good team for us to play right now. They had barely touched the ball in their last 2 games so went into it with no confidence. The early goal made all the difference and then it was just a question of how many weā€™d score. Chuffed with a clean sheet. Hopefully Moā€™s saving his goals for Wednesday night because Newcastle will be a tougher test.

4 Likes

The most fun I have had watching Liverpool since , I donā€™t know. Maybe one of our best Champions League games.

Granted, our opposition threw us the curve ball of curve balls, being weak as 2nd division team and it would never have been 9-0 against better opposition. But you know what ? I donā€™t care, because it was so fun :sunglasses: :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

I thought that game was on New Yearā€™s Eve?

I thought she was American up to about half an hour ago!

Itā€™s goal.com, are you seriously expecting accuracy?

1 Like

Probably due to the fact that if your down after 8 mins 2-0 your not going be particularly expecting much.

1 Like

We also had a lot of luck this game, something rather different from the previous few gamesā€¦

Iā€™ve been impressed with how good goal scoring positions Carvalho finds. This is first goal, but he got off shots from a similar position in 2 other games and it was only desperate defensive lunges that prevented him scoring those. He could provide a sneaky number of goals this season.

13 Likes

Has a bit of fire in him as well, which is good to see.

1 Like

For some reason I like it more when WE score the first goal. On the front foot from the first minute, thatā€™s more like it.

4 Likes

Go Away GIF

1 Like

Great performance and result, but why didnā€™t that team turn up at Old Trafford? JK will probably say we donā€™t need to sign anyone now.

2 Likes