Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 27/8/22 3pm)

Why was Elliott taken off? An injury?

1 Like

Said the exact same thing to my dad, but I honestly think Klopp fucked the tactical approach at Old Trafford. Diaz and Salah weā€™re far too wide, and we left way too much space in the middle and behind the fullbacks.

4 Likes

No saving him for Sandcastle

1 Like

Okay good confidence builder but still its just 3 points and we remain 5 points behind cheaty. Lets forget the score, keep the confidence and look to build a few clean sheet victories now.

3 Likes

Iā€™d have said injury if we werenā€™t 4-0 up, hopefully Klopp clears it up

3 Likes

Excellent performance all round. Scoring first is always a plus. More of that please.

Letā€™s make back int the T4 first, I worry about Cheaty and Arsenal later.

3 Likes

The more things change, the more they stay the sameā€¦

3 Likes

This, we needed to get a win on the board now itā€™s about following that up and utilising the return of players.

3 Likes

Letā€™s build on this and get in 2 more starting midfielders. If Keita and AOC needs to be sold, they needs to be sold now, assuming if they can pass their medicals for the other team.

Our best midfield would be Thiago-Fabinho-Elliot going forward. Use our in game subs to manage the midfield and DM positions. As for our forwards, until Nunez comes back, we stick with Diaz-Firmino-Salah and give explicit instructions for Firmino to be at most 40 yards from the opposing goal keeper, No more than that. Use our in-game subs to sub Diaz for Fabio.

As for Salah, if Kaide Gordon is fit and Salah has scored already, Salah can be rested too.

This year is a fucking weird year with a fucking weird world cup period that cramps a lot of games in a short time. Fortunately, a lot of our boys will either be rotated in the world cup by their national team managers or not in the world cup.

The only players I can think that will definitely be over-used in the world cup would be VVD and possibly Allison Becker.

As for the players that might have a high chance of being over-used is Jota and Nunez, given their forwards situation.

As for the rest, it will be largely rotation for our boys which will keep them fit but not too jaded or fully rested due to not being in the world cup.

Unfortunately, Norway is not in the world cup which lessens the chance for Erling Haaland getting injured.

1 Like

Niche but Iā€™m there.

2 Likes

:joy::rofl:

2 Likes

As an aside, I find it interesting that of the kids on the bench, we chose to bring Bajcetic and Clark on, the two midfielders. Whether itā€™s to rest the starters or to blood them in, Iā€™m thinking we wonā€™t be seeing a new signing playing within a weekā€¦

1 Like

No, no, no donā€™t go there.

2 Likes

Think youā€™ve got this upside down mate.

Somebody come n help Harveyā€¦heā€™s in tearsā€¦

The kids are blooded in so that the starters can rest.

I know it is a dick comment, but hey, I never specify what sort of injury it is eh?

2 Likes

Stop

No Thanks Eww GIF by Awkward Daytime TV

Great result but would rather Liverpool did this against a much lesser team like man Utd before

3 Likes