Post match: Liverpool v Brentford (EPL 16/1/22 2pm)

Man of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Joel MATIP
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • FABINHO
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • Curtis JONES
  • Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN
  • Roberto FIRMINO
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Takumi MINAMINO
  • James MILNER
  • Kaide GORDON

0 voters

Unused subs: Kelleher, Konate, Gomez, Tsimikas, Williams, Morton

:arrows_counterclockwise: 74’ Takumi MINAMINO on, Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 78’ James MILNER on, Roberto FIRMINO off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 82’ Kaide GORDON on, Diogo JOTA off

:soccer: 44’ FABINHO (Assist Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD)
:soccer: 69’ Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN (Assist Andrew ROBERTSON)
:soccer: 82’ Takumi MINAMINO (Assist Roberto FIRMINO)

11 Likes

Gordon didn’t score, useless. Sell him!

1 Like

Scored some goals finally. Didn’t concede after scoring. Ox and Taki scoring. Comfortable nice win. Build on this, let Salah Mane return and win the league from there. Simples.

3 Likes

Enjoyed that 2nd half. Felt like we had the pressure most of the match, really enjoyed the unselfishness of the Minamino goal. Too bad Gordon couldn’t bury it for 4.

2 Likes

Very one sided but we didn’t look confident until the second goal, Henderson played well kept things simple and we never really looked like conceding, up to 2nd in the table, onwards and upwards.

4 Likes

Better second half for us. Needed that result to restore some confidence. Hope OX is ok?

2 Likes

Wasn’t he offside anyway?

Good win with not much to complain about, except Chamberlain’s injury. Hopefully it’ll give some momentum going forward.

1 Like

My Fowler we needed that, a routine home win and clean sheet.

3 Likes

We looked much more progressive in attack than against Arsenal - that was the big positive takeaway for me.

Let’s win on Thursday in the same spirit.

3 Likes

Brentford is a tricky team. Nice win.

2 Likes

He looked a mile off to me, but it still would have been nice for him to put it to the side of the keeper.

1 Like

A better performance second half. Three points and up to second will hopefully give us a bit more confidence to go to London on Thursday and get the job done.

1 Like

Since I turned up 2 minutes before the end of the game. I can’t do any MOTM.:grimacing:

We got a good result, despite having no Mo, Sadio or Naby, we are doing alright so far. Can’t wait for the trio to come back soon.

3 Likes

Finally winning in the PL again! Clean sheet, three goals (our forwards still know how to score, yeah!) and an improved performance during the second half, also thanks to Brentford opening up as expected after falling behind just before the break.

Our lads really needed that boost in confidence before our next tough fixture. That’s a really good result!

MoM for me: Fabinho. Imperial in midfield, breaking up everything and scoring the all-important first goal. Mentions for Ox (hopefully his injury is nothing serious) and Matip, who was again outstanding.

4 Likes

Good win in the end. At times we looked very very good. Still sloppy at the back at other times.

Thought both the fullbacks were much improved. Sometimes Trent came inside but Hendo did more switching with him, and Trent came outside a lot more too. Helped a lot.

Good to see Taki hopefully erase the bad juju from Arsenal and thought it was a good team performance. Only real negative is Ox injured again.

3 Likes