Post match: Liverpool v Brentford (EPL 16/1/22 2pm)

Is fucking right. Any fan giving City the title at this stage need to have a word with themselves.

No-one at LFC is giving up. Win our game in hand and the gap is eight. Win at City and it’s five. Anything can happen. Enjoy it.

19 Likes

Just finished a recording of that. Job done. Professional. Obviously the sharp edge wasn’t there the same, but we grew into the game and got the all important three points. Gordon almost scored, which would have been lovely for the lad, but still nice to be 3-0 up and seeing him get a run out.

Like everyone else I’m wary of the cheating juggernaut that is Man City, but nothing is given up yet. Spot on Mascot. Win our game in hand and win there, and it is 5 points. Still a gap, but not necessarily insurmountable.

We fight on. YNWA

1 Like

That was a bit more like it,at least the second half.
Brentford didn’t come for the ride,not that many would have expected it.
Into second,but no way I’m giving up on the title yet,though we obviously have to rely on others taking points off City.
MOTM Fab for me ,a decent day at the office.

1 Like

Honestly, anyone that thinks City are pissing away 11 point lead in half a season is delusional. Be realistic please, keep going as we are, lock away second, wrap up number 7, happy season.

2 Likes

It’s not an real eleven point lead. We have a game in hand.

As I said, win that and it’s eight. Beat City and it’s five.

Go tell Mo Salah to give up on the league title. He’s not listening, and nor should he.

We need City to stumble, and if they do we have to be ready. We won’t be ready if everyone has already given them the title. If they don’t stumble, at least we’ve kept on their coat tails and we’re ready to take the fight to them next season.

But never give up when there is something to play for. Never.

9 Likes

Never say never, but to win the title from here would mean City dropping points on multiple occasions, which they don’t look like doing and us finding their level of consistency, which we don’t look like doing.

2 Likes

Those 5 points we had stolen off us at West Ham and Spurs would come in handy right now.

7 Likes

Also the 2-0 winning positions, we threw away against Brighton and Chelsea.

4 Likes

cannot give up on the title just yet. Optimism, hope (cites get a winless run of games) and a healthy dose of believing in ourselves gives us a decent chance at the title. Plus we still have the cups to go for.

disappointed with our first half performance, but could feel my heartbeat getting to normal levels in the second half.

Its not about giving up though.
Its about being realistic and accepting that City are unlikely to drop points and that we are unlikely to win every match until end of season.
Thats not giving up. The vast majority of supporters, me included will hope and pray for little signs of weakness in City, like on Saturday…but their form, squad, ability to get results, all mitigate against the miracle.

In the season we pushed them to the limit there was real HOPE…I cannot share that now, and it doesn’t make me less of a supporter for feeling it.

2 Likes

Then add the 4 points CHelsea stole off us home and away, and we are outright in front

Crystal Palace say hi.

1 Like

Great to see the doom and gloom has infested this thread too. I’m not sure why all the misery guts are popping up here when we finally have had reason to be more optimistic for the first time in a month.

1 Like

What does it even mean to lock away second? We go out to win every game with the hope that City will slip up…right until it’s mathematically impossible. Why would you want it any other way?

7 Likes

Way to early to give up on the title - Klopp said as much with his celebratory fist bumps at the end of the match.

City have been solid, and are clearly favourites, but they are not unbeatable. We need to focus on ourselves and make sure that we are ready to beat them when we face them.

1 Like

We just focus on winning every match the best we can. And target the CL and domestic cups. That’s all we can do. That’s all we need to do.

2 Likes

3 points

3 goals

Job done

Tough break for AOC. Let’s hope it’s not serious

Fabinho looked like MOTM for me. Second half the lads got their composure and focus lined up…both of which were missing in the first half.

A good result against a decent side.

It’s hardly doom and gloom. So the league is gone, but we have a great chance at the league cup and we can beat anyone over two legs in the Champions League. Still several chances of a trophy this year.

1 Like

We never give up.

And even if the title would be gone already…

do we want to see our team give them a guard of honor on matchday 32? Or give them the Chance to win the title against us on that day?

No thanks.

We fight for every point. At least until we secured the Top 4.

2 Likes

Can you please point out where I said give up?

Literally said KEEP GOING. Stop being so overtly dramatic for the sake of an argument.

1 Like