Post Match: Liverpool v Brighton (EPL 1/10/22 3pm)

This season reminds of Klopp’s first two seasons in charge.

2 Likes

Abysmal defending, the midfield and defence should be ashamed of that performance. Another in a long line of championship level defending.

I had really hoped the extended break and a full week of full team training we might actually emerge with some semblance of a team with an identify, some structure and shape, even just on a basic level, let alone something cool about intensity is our identity…

Going to be a long season.

3 Likes

Why didn’t Klopp start with Diaz from the get go? Baffling.

Getting over jet lag…I presume

3 Likes

So much for reinvention, we look done to be honest.

They all went around sulking in that video about their fifa stats and then put that out.

2 Likes

Should be thankful we got a point and Brighton must be wondering how they didn’t get all three. 17 days between games only to play an abomination of a game with laughable defending and barely functioning attack.

The team looks finished; its core players look done for. Van Dijk, TAA, Henderson, Fabinho and Salah deserve to be dropped for the foreseeable future. Play anyone who displays a modicum of sharpness and intensity. Don’t care who it is as long as no one is lumbering about without any sort of urgency.

If we continue like this, we’ll struggle to finish in the top-8.

3 Likes

We have a real defensive issue. Its not an individual problem but rather a collective one.

6 Likes

One issue I found frustrating was when a defender/midfielder had an opportunity to clear the ball, it’s as if they’re trying to think how best to launch an attack, and in that time, a player is snapping at them and they even fail to clear properly or pass the ball straight back to a Brighton player’s feet.

Why they continued to act like this when we took the lead is just baffling.

Joe Gomez coming on at full back (any side) would have made more sense. Take the sting out of the game, rather than still trying for the fourth to be hit for the equalizer.

Tbf, Sanchez bailed them out a couple of times as well (Salah shot save with his back leg, good stretch on the TAA free kick), and Bobby heading a sitter straight to him. So could’ve gone either way.

1 Like

If both keepers let in all attempts we would have won 7-6. :grinning:

This! It’s crazy how many of the squad are out of form.

We have absolutely no defensive intensity or urgency. Lost all confidence back there. Trent has been poor but so have the rest of them.

I thought Hendo was great today. His simple, two touch play gets us into rhythm. Only reason he came off has to be to manage minutes coming off injury and the busy fixture list.

Why Milner? I can hear every Liverpool fan around the world scratching their heads every time he is introduced. I can’t understand it. Strange loyalty to the player.

Mo- can his first touch be any worse? He is playing scared and has no confidence taking anyone on. He should fall to the bench and can’t understand why he does not get subbed off in matches he is playing so poorly. We need to find an alternative on the right side of attack like pronto.

I really feel a change in formation needs to happen. 4-4-2 diamond or similar. I think it suits our current squad better. Elliott, Fabio, and Bobby can all play the tip of that midfield 4 and probably where they will be most effective anyway.

So frustrated but top 4 still in play if we can get it sorted.

1 Like

This is rafas last season all over again.

How and why is james milner getting game time?

3 Likes

Salahs been shit for 10 months now. Drop him if need be

3 Likes

Didn’t see enough of the game but conceding 3 at home is just not good enough, will Bobby stay in contention for golden boot.

2 Likes

We need to drop the entire team bar Alisson and Diaz.

4 Likes

Promote that Ben Doak lad to first team. He looks ready. If we are not gonna buy a back up for Salah, might as well promote from within.

Firmino deserves his place but yeah beyond that.

2 Likes

He is 16 years old. :grinning:

I think even with the likes of Robbo, Konate, Keita & Jones coming back we’re pretty much battling to get into that top 4 spot this season.

As much as it pains me to say, this team looks to be on its last legs.

We should drop the high line in defence as we are getting turned round and played through multiple times every game.

I have no comment about the midfield, because i simply have no clue how to fix the slow, boring, clueless play we seem to be employing.

Attack…Diaz yes, Bobby yes…Mo…no, he needs a benching for a time, Couldn’t beat an egg today, and the weight of £400k a week seems to have got to him.

Sad times ahead

1 Like

We have reached rock bottom this time. I feel the leaving of Michael Edwards has left a really big hole in our negotiations and scouting team. The moment Tchouameni isn’t showing any signs that he is anything remotely coming, he might have packed up and moved on. The moment AOC went down in pre-season, would Michael Edwards pushed for that lad Caicedo who was dominating our midfield and defence? Would Michael Edwards even entertain the idea of extending Milner’s deal because from a statistics POV, it is not gonna be worth it even with the leadership buff? Would Michael Edwards be active in trying to offload Naby Keita to recoup some cash back?

The power vacuum in the backroom has led to a failure to rejuvenate our engine room in time and here we are.

Klopp is over-thinking a lot right now. Why sub out Tsimikas when we are on the ascendency? Why sub out Hendo for Elliott when Elliott is weak defensively in the midfield?

Play our strongest team and do one game at a time given how we are having a piss poor season right now. I guess with our form, we might not even get into the knockout stages of the UCL.

There has to be also a tweak in the tactics. Trent going infield while Salah stays at the byline. WTF is that? Trent’s biggest ability is to whip in crosses from out wide while Salah is always a danger in the penalty box. There is one moment where Trent is out wide and Hendo in field of him and we were dominating the match.

2 Likes

Honestly Klopps blind faith to Milner is becoming a bit of a silly thing now, he’s not had a good performance all season and over and over he’s brought on resulting in us getting worse. If you want defensive solidity bring on Gomez ffs.

3 Likes