Post Match: Liverpool v Brighton (EPL 1/10/22 3pm)

Yeah that high line needs to be dumped completely it just isn’t working anymore. Even if we are 0-0 and 1-0 on occasions it at least is hard to beat.

I’m just being facetious lol. But that boy will be something in a couple years if he keeps it up.

Can’t wait for someone claims that our squad full of world class then impossible to improve and we draw just because bad tactics from Klopp.

Anybody but Milner. Name one positive thing Milner did since he came on, absolutely nada.

Keita will never play again for us. Forget him.

6 Likes

Brighton could’ve/should’ve won the game. There’s just something fundamentally wrong with the squad at the moment. The lack of intensity and that swagger we had is not present on the pitch. Our problem is not the forwards or who starts in the front 3, it’s our midfield and defending that’s the big Achilles heel right now.
Too often the opposition passes through our midfield line with ease. This trickle effects causes our back line to scramble. 9/10 occasion our FB our press way high, and exposes the flank to other team’s wingers. The CB the have to cover and leaves the center forward unmarked.
Another defensive problem that stems from our midfield is they’re usually too reactive to what our opposition do when they have the ball. Hendo, Fab gets caught ball watching too often. This allows the other team to make quick passing exchanges to break down our line. 2 goals from Brighton today were scored with quick 1-2 passes.
Finally with TAA, I think defending is definitely not his strong suit. However, I would caution people who constantly dump on him whenever he gets beat or makes a mess at the back. I think Trent is low on confidence at the moment, and needs to play his way back to form. We’ve seen what he can do, he has proven that for that last 5yrs. Players don’t lose all their ability to play all of the sudden. I think there’s a mental problem with Trent, and he should be shown the support from the fans. He’s already gotten trashed enough by the national media, I think we as LFC fans can do better.
I think this year is looking more like a transition year for us. We bought poorly in the summer, and also last season was bloody exhausting both physically and mentally. Klopp needs to find a way to get the best out of the boys and try to stabilize the situation. We lost that swagger that gave the team an aura of invincibility. So more than ever the team need us to back them up.

YNWA

3 Likes

Naaaaaah.

We scored 2, they scored 4

2 Likes

Wholesale clear out next summer. Our magnificent team has run its course. We should have been refreshing the team with quality every summer like City do. We don’t need 100 million pound signings to achieve that either. Why did the board and transfer team let our team deteriorate to this state?

We started this season poorly and we haven’t improved a bit.

Defensively we are terrible, this is a team that isn’t being coached well enough. We just keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

4 Likes

Salah should not be undroppable. I would be interested to see if Nunez could start from the left forward, Jota in the middle, and Diaz on the right. I would do that before introducing the likes of Doak, if we want to make a change up top.

While the attack hasn’t been as good as it should have been, the midfield and defence are giving us worse problems.

In midfield we look old, all of a sudden. We need two players, possibly three depending on whether the reset goes deeper than expiring contracts.

In defence Van Dijk is off form and whoever partners him also suffers and catches the jitters. Trent gets a lot of flak, and it is true that he is below par, but so is the entire group.

Alisson and Diaz are the two best players of the season so far. Today you can add Bobby to that duo.

Looking forward we might need a rethink on the system we use, and to get the best out of the players we have, I’d like to see 4-2-3-1 come to the fore.

Why is Trent so upfield? I often find him in the final third joining attacks. This leaves a gaping hole behind when things go wrong. Nobody is covering that space behind him when he decides to go on an adventure upfield.

1 Like

We really need a new rb.

Ideally 1 that gives a shit about defending.

1 Like

The departure of Michael Edwards could have been the key to all these. I think with Edward’s CV, his words might carry more weight compared to Julian Ward’s word. If Edwards comes into the room and tells you, " Hey, I found a player that is realistic for us in terms of cost and can cover both DM and CM to replace Keita/milner/AOC", would you be at all ears to listen as compared to Ward saying that shit?

The high line isn’t a problem. Opponents have no problems cutting through us either way. Everyone was in the box for their 3rd. It didn’t make a difference and the worst part is that you could see it coming a mile away. There is not one thing we are doing correctly defensively both individually and collectively.

Alisson is the only one playing at his level.

1 Like

He always has been, there is absolutely nothing new with that, the problem is the CM and CB are no longer at a level it feels to deal with that. I did think it was Elliott being too attacking but it doesn’t look particularly like that.

For me the root cause issue comes from the front press. In both the initial positioning and intensity of action, it is simply not there and the rest of the team is not connected well enough, leading to leakages.

Using an American football analogy, its like a team looking to contain a mobile quarterback or a powerful running back not setting the edge well enough.

Our press and counterpress is the foundation of everything we do, in both defense and offense…

2 Likes

But you know it’s going create chances.

Because it’s a complete mess, it needed to be dropped several feet last season it’s now become a complete noose around our necks and it’s adding fuck all to the attack.

Too many posters on here happy with our owners penny pinching and don’t like any criticism of our owners @AnfieldRdDreamer got hounded off the forum for questioning them, I mentioned them a few times and silly replies get lots of likes, I said weeks ago top 4 not very likely and Europa league or conference league is where we are heading.
Our midfield looks done Fabinho looks like a 40 year old, Thiago misses half the season and Henderson has slowed down, Keita Ox and Jones are constantly injured, Carvalho looked a bit lost out there today, Elliott is talented but can’t play in a three man midfield and not able to do the defensive stuff.
Our midfield is not protecting the defence any more and they suffering from this and poo form.
Our owners need to spend big and forget about book balancing or we will soon be saying remember when Klopp was here and we were winning trophies.

3 Likes

Especially the CM. We ain’t got that sort of legs anymore.

4 Likes

This side are klopped out bar diaz and the new signings. The legs have gone. Their brains gone as well.

2 Likes