Post match: Liverpool v Brighton (EPL 3/2/21 8.15pm)

As someone in a master’s program for analytics, I love “the square root of fuck all.”

1 Like

OX, Origi, Shaqiri not good enough in relief.

Need more bite from the midfield we have no cutting edge.

1 Like

Yeah, the title is lost.

Let us take out our frustrations on City.

We’ll beat City.

Bookmark it.

Or don’t. They’re really quite good.

2 Likes

Please don’t blame the ref. Friend is one of the worst refs in the PL, but tonight’s defeat is not on him.

Congratulations to Brighton. They defended very well, took their chance when it came along, and deserve their three points over the 90 minutes.

As for our lads, the lesser said about their collective and also individual performance, the better.

14 Likes

We miss his movement especially as a number 8

1 Like

Honestly I’m very calm, disappointed because of another useless performance in a line of carbon copy performances recently, especially at home.
Any comment on the game? Not on the Refs, or how lucky their goal was or how 4 minutes of added time was taking the piss…just the game as you saw it?

Very disappointed with the performance tonight, men of match Kelleher, Nat and Jordan. The rest never turned up.

1 Like

Michael edwards is going to have a shit load of work to this summer,

cos we need a clearout,

too many players in this team, either arent good enough or hungry enough

1 Like

Deserved nothing, got nothing. Can’t win games without putting in the effort.
Thoroughly outplayed, outworked and outfought.

Congratulations to Brighton.

5 Likes

Don’t say that or we’re fucked!

Was always going to be a tough game that. A few posters were writing Brighton off in the pre game thread but they always give us problems and were excellent last game. They played very well tonight. This narrative that our poor first half vs West Ham was a ‘tactic’ needs to be knocked on the head as well, it was being trotted out again after 45 tonight. It’s not deliberate.

Too static again. I don’t like criticising Klopp but how Shaqiri is starting every game is beyond me, absolutely useless yet again. One good pass in 3 games isn’t enough. Chamberlain and Origi over Jones as the first change is another baffling decision.

Thiago, Henderson and Kelleher played well. Phillips did okay for the most part. Can’t say much about anyone else. Gini was abysmal tonight, Milner anonymous, Firmino poor.

A bit of a rethink needed for these games, we can’t keep playing such predictable football.

8 Likes

I love the fact you actually read my report. Most people don’t. :joy:

2 Likes

Nothing goes right for us, we don’t get a scrap of luck and their goal is as jammy as fuck, but it was just depressing watch the fight drain out of the boys.

Another one of those that doesn’t happen in a full Anfield.

We play well with a diamond and 2 attackers and then Klopp picks a 433 formation that doesn’t suit the players we have available. Klopp needs to and will take the blame for this, however the players were poor with passing, control and movement.

Fucking Athiest :kissing_heart:

I may start believing in Satan if it gets us a win.
I`ve missed out on a lot of Christmas presents since I gave up on him.

1 Like

Congratulations Brighton for a great performance. I thought they’d tire and they didn’t. They looked better in the second half. I’m happy for Adam that he’s pretty much guaranteed to be in a team next season in the premier league. Our job is to do ourselves credit in the remaining 17 matches and see what that brings us.

3 Likes

The only positive I took from tonight’s game is Kelleher is a good back up goalie.

3 Likes

Forget the title.
Just focus on top 4 now.
Need to rebuild.
Too many deadwood in this team.
Dont have any fucking expectation now.

Christ almighty. Stop saying we need a clear out. There is a pandemic and football is properly fucked. We’re raising next to nothing in player sales.

5 Likes