Post match: Liverpool v Brighton (EPL 3/2/21 8.15pm)

If you try to win the league and fall short, you end up top four. If you try to finish top four and fall short…

Agree no arguments with the reffing overall

1 Like

For those saying Thiago played well in first half where did he go in second half after Brighton goal was anonymous.

1 Like

Kelleher was the only thing going for us, can’t fault him for the goal it’s caught up and it’s caught up big time.

Man City will probably do a low block, why not? Guaranteed the three points. We had the answer for this and now we don’t.

My only hope is we get enough to get top 4, anything else is a bonus.

Did we FINALLY manage to register a shot on goal?

At this point, I’d take us trying a shot on target.
Even our reserves shouldn’t be losing to Burnley and Brighton at home.

1 Like

I refuse to believe the players are doing something different than what’s being asked of them. Refuse. The Boss has no Plan B and hasn’t for some time. His small squad with very limited attacking options has gone stale and this is how it is until Jota gets back at the soonest.

And for the record, the old Bobby Firmino is long gone. Zero edge or unpredictability to his game. He’s just another guy.

3 Likes

Well we were crap tonight, no bones about it. Static, no runners, allowing Brighton to the 2nd ball. The tempo was tortoise pace.
I thought Caoihmin could have come for the cross on their goal. Seemed rooted to the goal line. Made some good stops.
Though Klopp should have brought Milner off.

My usual moan about the ref coming up. Poor,

1. He allowed Brighton to waste time as they saw fit and 4 mins injury time? You’re kidding me. Although could have been 44 mins to be honest.
  2. Thought the challenge on Mo was a peno. Player slides in with follow through foot in the air, anywhere else on the pitch and that’s blown for a foul.

Last thought. I hate watching that pedestrian pace. Rather get beat 2-0 going for it.

I think the intensity of the last 3 seasons + our injuries + no fans has blunted us.

1 Like

Serious rebuild needed. Front line look to have peaked. Midfield stale but missing Hendo and Fab. Attacking wise was shocking though. Need Ali back ffs. Get some tablets into ya and play, do a linkear on it if needed

One of Bobs daisy cutters might have registered.

1 Like

I think we had one.

1 Like

We wont get 4th unless Klopp wakes up and tries something different against this tactic.

This is nearly 12months old.

Every team below 6th home and away have the simplest blueprint to get a result against us, its getting beyond incompetent to play the same 433 against it.

2 Likes

We could have played until spring and we would not have scored a goal, so many opportunities going down the drain by sloppy passes from everybody. Horrible

3 Likes

Unlike the last 2 games, which our boys had a sharpness in control and passing the ball right from the get-go, it was missing in the first 5 minutes of this match. At that time, I was worried, that we may not be able to pick up anything from the match. Unfortunately, that feeling was proven correct.

The team was poor from the back to the front. If I spend the time to talk about the team and individual errors, I would be even more miserable. I will let the others rant instead.

Having Hendo at the back has diminished our control in the mid-field. I cannot wait for him to get back to his strength and boss the centre of the park.

With this loss, the gap to the top is getting extremely uncomfortable. Time to pick up for the next match and get ourselves back in the running!

No MotM pick from me for this match.

(And FFS, in the TAN Footy pick, stay away from jinxing us!)

Do you spend all game writing essays rather than watching?

Nope, apart from a semi-blocked, deflected shot which went right into their keeper’s arms.

I agree we have been unlucky especially with injuries. But we created nothing, didn’t change it and looked fresh out of ideas against a low block side. And it’s not as if it hasn’t happened before or that it was unexpected.
You know the worst part…I’m not the slightest bit surprised, okay there was a flicker of life in two good away performances, but this slump has been coming for months mate.

1 Like

It’s now a habit. Geez we were poor tonight. Devoid of plan B again.

Why doesn’t Klopp see what everyone can see?.. the full backs need to get in behind the defence instead of aimless crosses where the opposition are all bigger than us!

The forwards need to play straight into the box and draw a foul inside their penalty area. Instead of trying silly passes and be twos that get blocked endlessly…

Oh and speed it up.

This makeshift team is lacking any confidence. I hate to say it but we looked like we had given up at 80 mins… that’s not Liverpool

1 Like

We do need to move a couple of players on

A team that steamrollered the league last season needs a serious rebuild?

I know we’re upset, but come on.

2 Likes