Post match: Liverpool v Brighton (EPL 3/2/21 8.15pm)

Klopps lack of reaction on sidelines is getting me worried he might look to move on end of season.

Why don’t we even try a couple of long range shots? Can’t be any worse then passing it around then a long looping cross to our vertically challenged team. How do other teams cope with a narrow packed defense? Or do teams only play that way against us? We really need Jota back and benching Bobby for a bit but he certainly isn’t completely to blame, no-one seems to have much of a clue as to how to break teams down. Hopefully, in a couple of matches Hendo and or Fab might be back in midfield which might help?

2 Likes

Watch the match; write a report; eat pies; drink wine; pretend to listen to what the missus is saying… a veritable superman, me.

Next time a woman says men can’t multitask, point her in my direction.

4 Likes

Frustrated Head GIF by swerk

1 Like

I’m pretending that never happened and am going to bed! :sleepy:

1 Like

And keeping firmino in the attack no matter what is also shit management. Also playing Jota in a dead rubber and lose him for 3 months after that is shit management.
But, he is the best cheer leader around.

1 Like

back to as we were then before WH and Spurs

I’ll pretend to have read it in that case!

Wasnt Thiago the man signed to bring control to midfield. The accusation has always been midfield was too workman like. He was going to be that x factor.

If you can sleep after that youre a better man than many of us.
Insomnia and nightmares for the rest of us.

wow… lets attack klopp and who else is next

3 Likes

It will be ugly, very ugly, they will park the bus too and come to us with much better players than what Burnley and Brighton did

We have a 35 year old Milner playing midfield 4 games in a row… Its shit.

2 Likes

That was poor. Still, should have been 0-0. But when you’re that bad, you’re gonna concede a fluke goal, and so it proved.

Formation was wrong. Shaq started wide left, which was bizarre, since we broke down West Ham by playing him at the tip of the diamond in Mane’s absence. Then we tried him wide right, with no change in fortunes. For their goal, Shaq was not to blame, but I hated the way he just walked back. Never even got into a jog to “try” to help the right hand side.

Best moment was in opening three minutes, with a lovely ball by Henderson into Salah. If he got that, this game would’ve been a different story. What followed was excellent defending by Brighton, with each man making blocks. Bobby out of form but still got into shooting positions, blocked by Brighton.

I think Klopp was too stubborn in his tactics today. Tried to do something different from the West Ham game, whereas the West Ham game for me offered a way to play our squad players such as Shaq. Henderson is sorely needed in midfield. Ox was poor again. When he came on, he did not keep it simple, but tried, and failed to beat his man, and ending up losing the ball setting up a counter for Brighton.

Origi did nothing at all, till the 90th minute he realised he was on the pitch, and finally made one press and started running. I have no idea what Klopp is doing with Tsimikas. He’s been on the bench for many games now, and couldn’t even get on in the FA cup with all them substitutions possible.

After the strides made against the two London teams, we reverted to the poor form self.

2 Likes

Kiss the title away and last concentrate on top 4th. Let’s gel our new full backs, bring Hendo
in midfield with Thiago and Gini for the rest of the season. Hope Mane is back against city
or God help us.

WOW.
and not in the good way.

6 Likes

Top four is going to be a struggle.
Burnley, WBA, Brighton et al. have all presented us with the same tactical problem.
We appear to have no solution nor any idea where to find one.

1 Like

He played well second half?

The only midfielder to make a tackle. Created a great chance for Firmino but he refused to shoot.

If you think he was the problem, it’s the agenda talking. Laughable that anyone can put that on Thiago tonight.

6 Likes

Gave Kelleher my vote for man of the match.
The other two votes I kept in my pocket.

Questuin is why worked it out during the last two matches but not today.
The only explanation I have is our players were with their minds in the City-game

that was shit. Unlike the other game against them, or the burnley game, southampton, blueshite, newcastle etc there were no VAR isssues. It wasn’t shambolic like the Villa game. It was just limp.

I know Klopp said Div stayed over Taki because of his height, but personally would rather have Taki here. Even when Div tries nothing works for him and seeing him come on signals the end of a match for me. Love him for his goals against Ev, Barca and in the CL final, but his time should have come already.

Get either one of the new defenders into the defence asap. Hendo was probably our best attacking midfield presence on the odd occasion he got forward; his passing was a delight - sooner he’s back in midfield the better. Imagine the beauty of a Thiago-Fab-Hendo midfield. Something to look forward to.

Hopefully Alisson is only a minor illness and not 'rona.

City on Sunday has the potential to be a real shit show. If it is I hope people dont get too toxic about it. We’re in a bad way over the past month, but we’re top 4 still and have the personel to turn it around.

1 Like