Post match: Liverpool v Brighton (EPL 30/22/21 3pm)

Man of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • Naby KEITA
  • Curtis JONES
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Roberto FIRMINO
  • Sadio MANE
  • Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Takumi MINAMINO

0 voters

Unused subs: Adrian, Gomez, Matip, Tsimikas, Morton, Origi

:arrows_counterclockwise: 20’ Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN on, Naby KEITA off.
:arrows_counterclockwise: 78’ Diogo JOTA on, Roberto FIRMINO off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 87’ Takumi MINAMINO on, Curtis JONES off.

:soccer: 4’ Jordan HENDERSON (Assist Mohamed SALAH)
:soccer: 24’ Sadio MANE (Assist Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN)

No match review today, as I’m out and about and no solid stream available.

But that was pants.

9 Likes

Very poor second half, Jones and Chamberlain looked like championship players, no intensity after palace goals, Thiago and Fabinho can’t come back soon enough.

8 Likes

Poor. Really poor. Home form ain’t the greatest.

3 Likes

Well, that’s a reality check today. Why we couldn’t hold a 2-0 lead at home against Brighton is beyond me. Especially the second half was shite to be fair. No energy, no commitment from our lads, and so Brighton were more and more made to look like world-beaters. At least, they didn’t get the 3-2, which they probably deserved on the base of that second half. We limp off with a point.

Keita’s injury was probably a turning point. He looked great before injuring himself, and we missed his energy in midfield. Ox looked like a limp dishrag in comparison, despite offering a couple of good passes during the first half. But defensively, he was inexistent.

Oh well, Atletico next in town. Fuck knows what expects us there. One less man to chose from in midfield. Meh…

8 Likes

Who’s voting for VVD?

His mum.

6 Likes

Tough one to take, but Brighton put in a good shift and we weren’t good enough.

Can’t afford to put in too many more performances like that when Chelsea are looking so tough to beat

5 Likes

Terrible performance. Pegged back from two up. Chances wasted. Nowhere close to good enough. Two points dropped. Not a great start to the league campaign.

2 Likes

We started well but after they scored we looked tired and second best. The only good news city lost 2-0.

2 Likes

Sack @GermanRed

4 Likes

Keita going off turned the game. We were shit after that.

Well done Brighton for coming out and attacking us second half.

4 Likes

If not for Allie it could have been much worse today. Therefore MOTM together with Sadio (work rate) and Virge the only other one I could think of…

We have a midfield problem now - great !

That’s all from me tonight.

2 Likes

I think firmino passed to them more than they passed to each other, and he was kept until 75 minutes.

2 Likes

alison my only man of the match. Curtis and ox are useless, konate out of position most of the time. credit to brighton taught us a lesson from minute one . every time we lost the ball they were behind us and alison saved us huge embarrassment

We should be beating teams like B&HA but slip ups happen.

1 Like