Post match: Liverpool v Brighton (EPL 30/22/21 3pm)

Sadly feel that if we can’t hold leads of 2-0 the title is nt even a consideration going ignore football now fuck it.

1 Like

Make no mistake, that was a total failure from top to bottom.

Terrible Management, the Jones/Ox swap, the lack of fresh legs, the lack of trying to change anything. Out thought by Potter today.

We won’t win fuck all with such a weak and fragile mentality, 2-0 and cruising… We get a goal disallowed and just shit the bed all over the pitch. This has happened in several games now and until Klopp sorts this out this team won’t achieve anything.

People will point at the midfield and say they were too open, yes they were poor but pressing is a team game and the front 3 just stopped doing it properly, kept turning over the ball giving our midfield too much to deal with.

70mins of shite, every single player.

3 Likes

Brighton deserved to win.
Ox came on as a sub but thought he should’ve been subbed off again.
Struggling to think of anyone that had a really good game for Liverpool

1 Like

Frustrating. Our midfield was very poor. Defense didn’t play well either. Allisson, despite the first goal, played amazing. He was unlucky with that first goal. But we should be able to close out a game like today. Game management just terrible. We were wasteful as well in the final third. So many times, we had a great break, but the final ball was the wrong one. I think we need a new recruit in midfield and up front.

1 Like

One of the rare gifts we’ll get from them this season, but we failed to make the most of it. Meanwhile, Chelski runs away from us.

1 Like

naby, he has been thru the wars but you exactly right, if we had depth in that position, naby doesnt start this this game

2 Likes

Me. Kick me. :rofl:

This. Naby was holding our play together. We looked lost without him. Need to get some more depth in MF when Thiago just cannot be relied upon to play 30 games per season.

2 Likes

Our defense looked shit at times all through the match. VVD and Konaté looking like real dopes on occassion.

3 Likes

Even with the early scares, we were in total control and then lost our composure at 2-1. Brighton deserved a point which is the toughest part to take. The League is wide open this year, I don’t think 90+ points will win it, but we can’t afford to be dropping points at home. Three times already – granted the caliber of Chelsea and City, and Brighton (hardworking if not world class) are no joke – but it’s only October. Perhaps a decent reality check after Sunday, but we need to respond.

3 Likes

Robbo needs dropping. Bobby was poor today and should have been after 60 minutes. We desperately need Fab and Thiago back. Trent not to take free kicks… Today it was like we didnt want to play through Salah. We were simply going to the left when the best player in the world is making so many clever runs.

1 Like

It’s hardly running away - three points? That’s nothing.

4 Likes

Well … twas Newcastle. Temporary setback.

1 Like

Wonder about dropping Konate for Joel to be honest.

2 Likes

2nd time in 4 games we’ve given up a 2 goal Lead.

1 Like

The cool calm heads of Milner, Thiago or Fab missed today. Too disjointed in midfield which meant the front three were isolated far too much

Echo what others said re. Naby going off being a turning point, and credit to Brighton for playing a blinder.

One eye on AM maybe

It’s a long race, the others will drop points here and there too (good to see City lose), and also suffer from mini injury crisis’. Get through AM on weds and we have the chance to rotate and rest.

2 Likes

A game of fine margins. Could have been 3-0, ended up being 2-2. Shocking game management tbh. Very late substitutions considering the fact that Bobby was atrocious today and Jones was showing his limit.

2 Likes

I’m pretty fucking angry with that second half display to be honest, although Brighton were finding holes right from the start of the game. We were infuriatingly passive at points, knocking the ball about with complacency but letting huge gaps appear. The midfield looked pretty rudderless without someone like Fabinho working as an anchor.

A reminder why we shouldn’t be getting overly carried away: it’s ten games in and we’ve dropped points in nearly half our games, we’re now three points off the pace and could have easily lost today.

5 Likes

If Man Utd made us look like the best team in the world, Brighton made us look very average. Our press was so easy for them to pass through in the second half, I’m sure Klopp will be fuming.

3 Likes