Post match: Liverpool v Burnley (10/2/24 3pm)

Enjoyed that game. Burnley gave a good fight. First goals for both teams from corners to go level at HT. Injuries piling up but Klopp found solutions.

Darwin had his typical game – bursting track backs to defend, being a good outlet, getting booked for dissent, doing everything right and then toe poking the shot to Trafford when a couple of foot either side of him could pass it into the net, and a delicate headed goal.

The Fofana miss I think was due to the two good saves Kelleher made prior to that – I felt that Fofana tried to be more precise which led to his downfall.

2 Likes

Why can’t we start every game from second-half :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

nice 3 points added, and we need to continue with winning

1 Like

Elliott changed the game. Midfield was v ragged first half - Mac Allister clearly used to sitting as a DLP and a bit unsure of his role, but he improved the second half.

Attack all looked lively again. I do think Gakpo is going to struggle even more to get a start when Salah is back - Nunez and Jota both climbing up the goalscoring charts.

Decent performance anyway.

2 Likes

Watched it at home…. Well listened to it.

Got the job done. Near 60k capacity.

I woke up this morning gutted I wasn’t going. It’s easier being there than being at home. Glad we got the win…. We keep moving.

Missing Luton too but next match will be Wembley. We have a revitalised Brentford next and will need to up the levels.

:heart_eyes:

6 Likes

It was vital to win with the flu in the camp no doubt some of these guys probably have less so symptoms anyhow 5 missing who would have started this, 3 you could class in our best 5 or 6 so I think we did well.

Have to have better first half’s but at least we ramped it up second.

Didn’t score early and not particularly often. Get on that lads next week.

3 Likes

not playing well but we winning… so its cool

1 Like

Yeh…there’s flu in our camp…its a bugger…but listened to the game…

1 Like

Are you Alisson or Gomez in disguise?

1 Like

I would just like to point out that Burnley rolled over to City by the same scoreline. So perhaps the catastrophising is unwarranted.

5 Likes

Appear to be suffering these “reoccurences” quite often now, eh? What’s the deal with this shit.

https://twitter.com/ptgorst/status/1756372472385917016?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1756372472385917016|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

Watched it on my phone traveling. Caught most of it. Looked fairly flat, but in the end we got the all important three points with a bit to spare.

From what I saw, injuries and illness disrupted the side to such an extent that it was never going to be silky.

When Harvey Elliott came on I thought he helped give it extra impetus. We call him a Jack Russell in our house - not the biggest, but like our dog he is involved in all the meaningful action trying to make stuff happen.

I don’t know what happened with Trent. Injury? Tactical?

Three points. Get a few more back and the level will rise. A league campaign is a marathon, and sometimes an individual game is not very eye catching, but if you keep pace and get the points you take them and move on.

3 Likes

Hopefully Conor comes back at least for the Europa game before the final if not next week.

And Gomez improves with his flu. Who played Right back when Trent went off or was it back 3?

2 Likes

Jones.

1 Like

Ah right sort of need him forward if I’m honest as that’s just a bit of a plaster.

not even close,

anyone can kick the ball straight at the keeper,

to hit the woodwork takes skill! :wink:

1 Like

I like that. Tenacious.

In fairness, every Jack Russell I’ve ever met has been fucking mental, but he does pack a punch.

1 Like

Hopefully Gomez is available next week to play RB. Bradley can take as long as he needs. Both of our LBs returning means Trent being out isn’t as big of an issue.

3 Likes

We play better with a flat back 4 and are using the full width of the pitch, not having 3 players all crammed in 1 area of the pitch with 2 of them watching Trent bypass them every time to show off his passing at every chance he gets , so yes sooner 1 of Gomez/Bradley come back the better.

3 Likes

I assume Gomez will be fine he would have gone ill earlier than Thursday