Post match: Liverpool v Cardiff (FAC 6/2/22 12pm)

We’re in good shape at the moment. Everything seems to be being managed as well as humanly possible at the club :slight_smile: Think we’re in for a lot of fun between now and the end of the season!! COME ON YOU REDS!!!

5 Likes

In the first half we were all effort no pay off, changed in the second. Before the subs came on Jota got us ahead from a trent assist (quiet season eh? :wink:) Harvey and Diaz came on and our game improved drastically. Diaz like the Mane of a few seasons back with how he fought for that assist and Harvey oozed class. Sloppy goal to give away but meaningless in the end.

Shout out to taki and Tsimi for being the only two starters who turned up from the beginning. Glad taki got a goal. I get why he is a lightning rod for criticism and I’d be surprised if he makes it here long term, but the lad works his bollocks off every game. Happy for him to get a goal in his 50th game.

The cup juju is good on this one, been to both games and I should be able to get to the Norwich game - clearly our Cup chances lie with me

12 Likes

Not only that, Taki fought and won possession and got fouled for the freekick for the first goal. Full marks!

Loving Harvey’s return and Diaz’s debut.

7 Likes

At one point pretty sure I saw a complete passes stat of 600 vs. 92. That’s an ass whipping

WTF happened on their goal? Milly lost it and they countered?

3 Likes

Seriously warm and fuzzy here, might be time for a nap :wink:

3 Likes

JK about Luis’s knock : “Welcome to England!”

:rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

That match started at 4am here. Just starting my day

4 Likes

I thought the same , and remarked on it in the in-match thread. And I also think our best mid might be Fab , Harvey and Thiago.

2 Likes

Back to bed for an hour lad :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Didn’t we do well :smiley: :clap:

3 Likes

Working today (scab) so missed the first half because the rest of the world has got absolutely no respect for the cup and kept hassling me.

Snaked off for the 2nd half though and liked what I saw.

Elliot… never been away !!!
…and a cheeky little ‘twinkle toes’ on the byline from the new lad.

All good stuff…anyway back to work :frowning:

1 Like

Just my opinion, but 2 Cardiff players combined to create a nice goal. Not necessarily any mistake on Millie but the player in possession made a smart pass to his teammate making a nice run splitting the defenders.

2 Likes

I think our boy Elliot has come of age. I can see him now as a regular in the team in the coming months.

Luis was impressive too on his debut.

We are a right bunch of moaning minnies in the first half

10 Likes

But there was also a risky pass from Millie to Bobby who was under pressure from two players before he received the ball

2 Likes

Rusty as buggery until the subs. Elliott was transformational when he came on. Jota managed to get the chances and took them when he didn’t try to overdo things. Diaz looks the businesses and the way he stole the ball for the second marks him out as a classic Klopp player.

I think Kelleher was lucky to stay on following his booking. Looking at the VAR footage it was a yellow by the letter of the law but I would have had no arguments if it was a red.

So, Norwich in the next round. It’s another step up in opposition but entirely winnable.

5 Likes

“Alexa, show me the perfect Sunday walk in the park game.”

Bit sluggish first half but who isn’t on a Sunday morning. Jota with more proof that there will be life after Firmino and it looks pretty good. A flash from Diaz already and a goal on his return from Elliott.

I think the big thing for me came before kick off. Looked at that team sheet and thought what a strong line up it was and how solid the benched looked. Took me a while to realise there was no Alisson, Gomez, Fabinho or Ox. And then there’s Salah and Mane on top of that too. That’s a serious influx of talent to come back into a squad that already looks that good.

3 Likes

Could not agree more,

11 Likes

Well, a lot of good and some bads in this game.

Good :

1. Trent and Robbo assisting today. This game still shows that they can still produce assists from many types of situation. Pretty good considering we had quite a break.
  2. Luiz Diaz. I still wonder how did Luiz Diaz managed to dispossess the opposing defender on the byline, keep the ball within the pitch and does a wonderful cut-back begging for anyone to just slam it into the net. I was frankly bamboozled by that piece of skill. 10 minutes on the pitch and he has his first assist.
  3. Harvey Elliott. The moment he comes into the midfield, we became more incisive in our passing. The passing becomes crispier and zippy on the field. And what a moment to open his account for Liverpool! Perhaps, once he has his confidence up, he can go learn more from Thiago on how to play CM??
  4. Jota. Lively throughout. Took his goal really well!

The bad:

1. Naby Keita. This is the match where he is supposed to stamp his authority but was quite frankly disappointing. He is the senior player that has the most match fitness among all his other team-mates. Disappeared for a huge stretch of time in a sea of mediocre Cardiff midfielders.
  2. Curtis Jones. Popped up everywhere but in the end got out-shoned by his younger team-mate Harvey Elliott. He took too long to make a pass. When he did make the pass, the chance was gone. Possibly his only chance at Liverpool is that Liverpool do not buy anyone to succeed all of Thiago, Hendo and Milner which in all honesty quite frankly impossible.
  3. Hendo. Did a hell lot of shouting but like Naby Keita, disappeared for a huge stretch of time. Most likely, he will be taking Milner’s place on the bench in the near future.
  4. Milner. What was he doing passing a hospital ball to Firmino who has two man breathing down at him at the centre circle? He should have known better.
2 Likes

Good, this means if we lose in the Semis because you couldn’t attend we can blame you, ya cunt.

5 Likes

I’ll set up a gofund me, can pay for me tickets :rofl:

1 Like