Post match: Liverpool v Chelsea (EPL 28/8/2021 5.30pm)

Man of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Joel MATIP
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • FABINHO
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • Harvey ELLIOT
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Roberto FIRMINO
  • Sadio MANE
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Thiago ALCANTARA
  • Kostas TSIMIKAS

0 voters

Unused Subs: Kelleher, Konate, Keita, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino

:soccer: 45+3’ Mohamed SALAH

:arrows_counterclockwise: 42’ Diogo JOTA on, Roberto FIRMINO off.
:arrows_counterclockwise: 74’ Thiago ALCANTARA on, Jordan HENDERSON off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 86’ Kostas TSIMIKAS on, Andrew ROBERTSON off

Can anyone tell me what the fucking point is of Taylor pointing at his watch and making a show of telling all the Chelsea players that he is woke to their time wasting antics, and then adding three minutes on?

Absolutely fucking absurd.

12 Likes

first

2 Likes

Matip of the Match all day long

6 Likes

Not the end of the world but disappointing, not just 2 points dropped by our inability to break down a side who was contented to defend and they even look dangerous on a couple of counter attacks. Onto the international break.

1 Like

Dominated the game. Ultimately not good enough though. Poor defence for their goal. Lack of final ball and chances gone amiss. Two points dropped. Really should of won.

7 Likes

Can’t help but feel we should have won that. Oh well.
Still unbeaten.
Harvey looks a gem. Hendo, Fab, and Thiago being fit is great.
Same CB pairing three games in a row - took until April for that to happen last season

4 Likes

Frustrating. Should have taken three points from a main title rival.

3 Likes

Well that was disappointing. Anthony Taylor back to his shit standards in the second half. Final ball lacking

2 Likes

Not the end of the world I expect us to win the next 3 league games and be top/joint top by the time we play City.

Do you ever watch a game though and you know that moment in a film when someone questions if they are the ‘baddies’. Chelsea were the baddies, no question

Also I think Taylor wanted to make the game all about him.

3 Likes

Moan of the match - unfortunately, the Anfield crowd.

Second half, Chelsea taking an age at every restart. Only a few whistles. The crowd should have been hounding the ref in unison for the full 45 minutes.

The Chelsea full back took over 40 seconds for one throw in. Only a few whistles there.

Fatty Taylor already pointed to his watch early in the half. With the crowd not responding, it allowed Chelsea to keep breaking the game up. The crowd needs to influence the ref.

Also didn’t get that Tsimikas sub at the end. Throw on Ox or Keita

3 Likes

not happy with that at all,

last 30 mins, totally devoid of ideas,

chelsea keep 11 men on the pitch we would have lost,

we had a chance to send out a message the day and we blew it,

5 Likes

Well at least I had the score right :smiley:

Never thought Taylor would give a penalty and red. For once we were not fucked by the match officials.

Can live with this result.

3 Likes

Taylor was knackered. He kept positioning himself on the left, so when Andy/Mane/Henderson would cut in, inevitably the useless ref would be in the way

1 Like

Have to say Chelsea defended well…well earned point by both sides…

I disagree I think we would have won 11 v 11 as there was more space to attack

3 Likes

Really crap effort in the final third today. Should have been ruthless and gone for them but it almost felt like we settled for it and held something back. Elliot was impressive in the first half, Matip looked imperious in the second half.

Not point crying about the lack of time added on, it happens all the time and it’s hardly like we were knocking the door down anyway, could have played another 90 minutes and not scored again.

2 Likes

Virg and Joel top class. Bullied Lukaku

Everyone else, not great. Should have one but the red card probably worked against us as Chelsea attacking us suits us.

Too many crosses, too many poor crosses. Our corner taking is shocking. Mane was poor also annoying me with his style of play lately.

2 Likes