Post Match: Liverpool v Chelsea (LCF 25/2/24 3pm)

We see them in amateur football. Cowards that chicken out of tackles but square up to the skinny 16 year old to soothe their ego

7 Likes

You had a good day out there the RJā€¦

1 Like

Heā€™s probably prioritised the games, and put the PL and Europa League games as the ones to concentrate on. It takes massive cajones, and I doubt other managers wouldā€™ve made that decision with it being a cup final, but it could work out really well for us.

5 Likes

Chelski forum in meltdown.

6 Likes

Good. On paper they should win and they should feel a bit humiliated.

3 Likes

Yup, as I said we have an excuse if we didnā€™t, they donā€™t.

2 Likes

We just did

3 Likes

:grimacing:

3 Likes

Yeah Klopp said he was stiff and someone posted further up.

Hope itā€™s precaution though rarely is. Doubt itā€™s anything broken letā€™s hope at worst itā€™s a twist of an ankle or something.

3 Likes

Heā€™d have a week off anyway

1 Like

Why is that?

ā€˜I donā€™t think I can put it into wordsā€™

FT: Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool

Liverpool

Conor Bradley, speaking to Sky Sports: ā€œHeā€™s such special manager, I just want to enjoy every moment with him now and win everything we can for him.ā€

On what it means: ā€œI donā€™t think I can put it into words, I have supported this club since I was about five years old to win a trophy with them at Wembley itā€™s just special.ā€

Bobby Clark, who came on as a 72nd minute substitute said: "When he called my name and said I was going on it was an unbelievable feeling.

ā€œKlopp fills you with confidence, gives you freedom, really lets you do your thing.ā€

6 Likes

Just so you know, I cried a little, seing Klopp and staff facing the crowd singing YNWA. Last time I cried was in August 2006.

This club is special.

9 Likes

No one who played 120 mins bar Kelleher will start against Soton.

Klopp sort of made that clear before.

6 Likes

ā€˜The referee didnā€™t have the level of the gameā€™

Liverpool

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, speaking to Sky Sports about the injury to Ryan Gravenberch: "There were two teams fighting very hard, and the referee didnā€™t have the level of the game. It was not even a foul?! Then the fourth official explaining we cannot give a cardā€¦ good idea. This situation was obvious for me, everything you need for a card.

ā€œThey did an x-ray [on Gravenberch], it is not broken but the ligaments got something. I actually feel really bad, but everything else is really good.ā€

On playing Southampton in the FA Cup fifth round on Wednesday: "We donā€™t have a team right now for Wednesday. The guys who came on can maybe play again, the rest will get treatment on Monday.

"I love this country to bits, but the schedule is not made for winning a lot. We will see the price we have to pay, but we fight for everything then we see what comes next.

ā€œSomehow against Southampton there will be a team in Liverpool shirts.ā€

On the celebrations: ā€œI finally found my family in the stands, they were very happy. The rest, I need to process.ā€

9 Likes

Not that heā€™ll play against Southampton but there was an interview with Szoboszlai saying the medical staff said he couldnā€™t play but if it was up to him he would. I think Forest will see his return :+1:

6 Likes

Posted at 18:4618:46

ā€˜Absolutely insaneā€™

Liverpool

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp speaking to Sky Sports: "What happened here was absolutely insane, these things are not possible. The team, a squad, an academy full of character. I am so proud I could be part of that tonight.

ā€œThe craziest thing is we deserved it. We had lucky moments, they had lucky moments. The boys showed up, it was really cool.ā€

On the young squad: "I am sure we brought on all the kids! We needed fresh legs, they were fresh but very young, but they did the job.

"The boys have trained for a long time with us, they know exactly what we have to do. They are a pain, to be honest, that is what you have to be in these moments. But not only them, how about Harvey Elliot for 120 miutes, [Wataru] Endo walked to the ceremoney with the stiffest legs.

ā€œWe didnā€™t mention Conor [Bradley], he was so good. Caoimhin [Kelleher], he was so good. We have the best keeper in the world and the best number two.ā€

7 Likes

i agree with what folks are saying hereā€¦ we might have to sacrifice the FA cup

Nah - just have to let our teenagers take us thru this round.

2 Likes

Assume it will be a rather young team with an experienced bench.

2 Likes