Post Match: Liverpool v Chelsea (LCF 25/2/24 3pm)

I was thinking these saves are silly… you don’t lose cup finals when you make these types of saves :joy:

As for that extra time, all I can think of was the Chelsea players collectively took a mindset that we were going for pens and shut off too (not sure why considering we played Wednesday and they played last Saturday). Anyhow when our youngsters didn’t and drove on the team as a whole they just seemed bewildered.

7 Likes

Then the refs and var conspired to take it away from him so he had to go effing do it again.

10 Likes

6 Likes

Special mentions and praises for Diaz, Endo and Elliot. In a midfield and forward line that we were forced to bring in so many youth, these 3 played at a huge intensity as the ‘senior’ players in those parts for more than 120 minutes. What an example for the kids, considering Elliot is also still not that old himself.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Alan Hansen: “You don’t win anything with kids.”

Maybe it’s about time you took that back Alan! That has to rank as one of the greatest LFC finals I have ever seen.

I have to say that it looks Caicedo made the right choice. A cunt should play for a cunt club.

13 Likes

Elliott is so under appreciated. I made the comment in the game thread that there were elements of an 80s game where you had one sub and if you had to use him it was unlikely to be a like for like switch and so the team just had to figure it out. Elliott is our guy, at 20 years old, who gets shifted around for us to figure it out, and whatever he was asked to do today he did it well. He’s just an incredibly impressive young lad.

10 Likes

I had said it before, the reason why Elliot and players like Jones made it in our squad and hung around compared to more talented skilled players like Shaqiri, Garcia etc was relevance. Even when we are losing, they dig in and ask for the ball and keep running and trying. They never gave up and always made themselves relevant and don’t disappear. I hope tges type of players that Klopp has built into our ethos, the new manager will appreciate and build on it

4 Likes

Language!

So sorry you had to see this, @Maria

2 Likes

And I had to say…Hendo won alot as our captain but may this Carabao cup kick off many more cups and championships as VVD’s era as captain.

5 Likes

maybe they couldnt look at it because they were checking the previous play for offside at the time…

ludicrous theory right?

cue people rolling their eyes at another conspiracy theorist peddling untruths until they stop and pause and realise its roughly the same set of circumstances that put Big Virg out for nearly twelve months in the prime of his career

2 Likes

https://x.com/TrollFootball/status/1761827138791973111?s=20

16 Likes

So late to the party, busy all day, but miraculously stayed on radio silence and watched a recording. When I saw the teams I feared the worst, but wow. Just. Wow.

We were so good. I had VVD, Kelleher and Endo as my three MOTM, but so many others were in the reckoning too.

The kids were alright!

I am an ardent follower of LFC but before the start of the season I could not have named some of them, but those boys are putting that right and making a name for themselves.

So proud to be a red.

Final word: full credit to the fans. Truly made Wembley our Anfield South. Backed the boys loud and clear. So special, and deeply moving, to see.

8 Likes

Heart over money always pays off… we won that game because we are believers… thank you boss… his leaving the party, but his going out the door with a swagger and a dance… & leaving a footprint In the sand that even the tide can’t wash away

I’ve been drinking :joy:

4 Likes

Love the celebrations at full time. Amazing pictures.

3 Likes

Christ, that’s such a shitty word play that even after having won a final, I am not charitable enough to give that a like or a lol. Ultra low quality, almost made me fume by how bad it was. Maybe I am not English enough, but if THAT qualifies as a pun, my God, then the bar is low.

1 Like

Terrific night.

3 Likes

:fist::fist:if the kids are united, we’ll never be divided!!

All together now!!

They were a top band.

1 Like

What a performance, earned that silverware.

2 Likes

It’s not word play, or a pun.

It’s riffing on the fact he is an incredibly hard worker and covers the whole pitch.

It’s the football equivalent of a Chuck Norris joke.

7 Likes