Post Match: Liverpool v Chelsea (LCF 25/2/24 3pm)

According to the Guardian, our team finishing the match was:

Kelleher; Gomez, Quansah, Van Dijk, Tsimikas; Clark, Endo, McConnell; Elliott, Danns, Diaz.

The average age is 24, but exclude VVD and Endo and it’s 19 — three 19 years olds, an 18-year-old, and Harvey who is 20 but I swore was like 23 because he’s been around forever. Unbelievable stuff.

8 Likes

Oh and Ben Chilwell needs a good spanking. He’s reaching Bruno’s level of being a real prick

11 Likes

Extreme load again

@PeachesEnRegalia , where are you hiding ?

A damning assessment of the referee by Jurgen.

11 Likes

Can anyone post the link of the press conference by Jurgen ?

This team is better than any drug. The high, the emotion is unmatched. And the pride. There are no words that make justice of what nights like this one means for millions around the world.

Huge thanks go to the captain, Virgil van Dijk, whose performance will go down in the annals of LFC’s history, and his teammates who never stopped fighting no matter how young, tired and wronged they were by that cunt of a referee.

But first and foremost, an enormous debt of gratitude is owed to Jurgen Klopp, the man who changed our history 9 years ago and brought us back to where we belong. If only his time wasn’t coming to an end.

As for the 1bn plastics with their little blue flags, who have violated any sporting and footballing sense of fair play, they got exactly what they deserved. Pain and anguish watching their collection of mercenaries fail against a real football team who showed them once again that money on its own is never enough. I have two things to say to them: “Imagine being us” and “fuck off”

13 Likes

Desperately need Dom, Mo and Nunez to be back soon. Apparently Diaz was limping at the end and looks like he’s done his groin :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Well I listened to this in the car whilst stuck on the Autobahn this afternoon. I asked my wife who’s idea that stupid road was. Hitler, apparently. I always knew he was a bad man…

Anyway. Any links for highlights?

2 Likes

That was astonishing. I can’t believe how front footed we were in extra-time. I was prepared mentally to lose and still be delighted with the exposure the young lads had from the game. To go and win it, that was incredible.

U23’s vs Southampton please. Stick Diaz in a cryogenic chamber for the rest of the week.

6 Likes

No break for Gravenberch apparently

5 Likes

Perfect result…. football is the winner :heart:

1 Like

I surprised as I only just saw the challenge and it looked nasty. Will there be significant damage to ligaments?

https://x.com/HonzaRihaftbl/status/1761776565912760810?s=20

4 Likes

There.

2 Likes

It’s not a flaw it’s a feature of the forum when it’s very happy. Expect to see it a few more times before the end of the season :joy:

computer sitting GIF by South Park

8 Likes

Was there a VAR examination for this? Local broadcaster never said anything.

2 Likes

Well he was jumping with a groin injury.

1 Like

Conor Bradley

“The youngsters came on and delivered”.

:joy:

8 Likes

That’s the grizzled veteran speaking.

9 Likes

Limie’s in worrywart mode

1 Like

What is Jürgen saying in the post match presser?