Post Match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace (EPL 15/7/22 8pm)

Schadenfreude

see Man United thread…Karma and all that

1 Like

It was noticeable how much better we looked at the back when Gomez came in.

Nothing against Nat, but he really is nowhere near our level.

8 Likes

Both Luis and Harvey were the standout players tonight.Deserve to start against Utd next week .

Such a disappointing start to the season…

The frustrating thing is that it doesn’t look like it’s going to get any easier, with so many players missing, it’s just going to take someone stepping up and taking a chance (a la Diaz today). And definitely someone with scoring boots on…should have been 2-0 before we conceded… We look helpless at the moment.

2 Likes

Elliot and Diaz superb - Never stopped
As for Darwin…Now i understand the Suarez comparisons.

Disappointing result again

Performance levels much better than last week i hope everyone can see that…but those crosses into Nunez were a complete waste of possession.

One in front and one behind and Palace dealt with it easily.

1 Like

Yeah I hope he gets over his knock :wink:

1 Like

The plan was clearly to bring on Gomez on the hour mark…

2 Likes

FIFY

2 Likes

The irony was that Tierney gave Diaz a free kick for an arms round the shoulder foul that Luis entirely manufactured. The constituency to the decision making is just bonkers.

5 Likes

I usually don’t advocate fixing a short term problem with a panic buy, but we honestly need another midfielder for the team. We need a true No. 8 that can play and defend. We all thought Naby was the one, but he’s too inconsistent. Watching today’s game really highlights our midfield problem. We don’t have the right balance in mid at the moment. The forwards I feel will take time to build up chemistry. I didn’t think losing Sadio would be huge, but watching Nunez today, I feel Mane trackback and work rate for us was so underated. It makes a big difference in the transition game, which we don’t have at the moment. Darwin will need time to adapt and we should be patient with him. Overall, poor first half, but second half was much much better.

On to take down Manure next week.

YNWA

8 Likes

Better in the air than Joe but overall Gomez is the better player and should have started tonight to deal with breakaways by Palace

5 Likes

We know that. Klopp knows that. Even Nat knows that. But with our defender’s penchant for getting injuries, big Nat is doing his role as expected as a fifth choice.

With our midfiled picking up injuries, last thing we need is for Fab then Henderson to go back in defence. We all know what happened last time.

6 Likes

He wasn’t shit, it was more he struggled with Zaha’s pace, which a lot of CB’s have and will struggle with. Not really worth calling him shit for simply not having the pace of one of the quicker strikers in the league

2 Likes

It’s to show he is not biased.

“Look I gave you a free kick, so me not giving you a pen is plausible deniability.”

“And…look, there, I gave Guaita a deserved yellow. So shut up.” Nevermind it was in injury time.

4 Likes

Well i think if gomez comes on he should start.
Cant be that injured as we risk subbing the sub.

Im hoping these last games and injuries force us into market.

We cant rely on injury prone midfielders again

2 Likes

We started brilliantly for the first 12 minutes. Then we reverted back into being same old Liverpool. Passing the ball around with no purpose and drive.
Our finishing was shocking, with nunez being the main culprit. For a supposedly great centre forward his composure for the final ball was horrific. I’m more apalled by this than his red card.
Diaz had a better 2nd half but 1st half like most of his teammates he was pretty ineffective.
The less said about Milner, the better. Only Van Dijk and Elliot can leave the pitch with their heads high.

This is Joe we are talking about A 90 minute from him would probably see him aggravate whatever issue he has, unfortunately.

We looked much better with him on.

2 Likes

Disagree. I’d sooner see Hendo in the six and Fab at CB than Phillips. Were we not carrying injuries in Midfield we may have seen that.

It’s pretty obvious we are suffering a major hangover from last season. Going for the quadruple and a short pre-season has taken its toll. Probably not enough recovery time for a team as intense as us. It doesn’t look great so far and we can’t even be thinking about the title on the evidence of the first two games. That said had Nunez not been such a fucking idiot we might well have won. Palace offered nothing and I felt we would eventually crack them when it was 11 v 11. Absolutely brilliant goal from Diaz. The highlight of the night by a long way.

13 Likes

Liverpool reminds me of a fat, old hoarder, hoarding useless broken pieces of crap. Again the midfield was geriatric and talentless. We have so many gimps carrying that we just haven’t learned a fucking thing. Why the fuck is OX, Milner, Naby and Gomez still here? The summer was the perfect opportunity to get rid of the infirmed and retire the old…but we just love to hoard crap around Anfield. Is any fan on here surprised that Gomez couldn’t start and we had to use Phillips? Phillips should be playing for Bournemouth mind you, cause that’s his talent level. We knew the midfield offers very little to winning for Liverpool, but we still haven’t improved it in the summer. We have a lot of kids learning their craft, so they are blameless. it’s the management which refuses to address the elephant in the room. Useless fucking midfield. let’s be real here. Fabinho is the only player in the middle of the park that should be a starter. Everyone else should be benched or replaced. We refuse to learn, so we’ll again miss out on the league because we have too many passengers who contribute very little towards the team winning games.

1 Like