Post Match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace (EPL 15/7/22 8pm)

Thiat was not the sort of home debut LFC dream careers are built on. Probably needs an arm round him, not sure anyone in Liverpool’s gonna do that tonight mind.

1 Like

Lots to work on, but have to be careful to not over react. The US post-game was about how City and Haaland have adapted to each other better than we and Nunez have…and when we went down to 10 men we were back to playing Liverpool football. It’s nonsense. It’s just spinning a narrative into the situation regardless of what is actually happening. In reality, Nunez has been more involved in the games than Haaland has in their respective games. He’s got his first goal and could have had 4 or 5 already. He’s currently only 1 behind Haaland with more or less a full 90 minutes less of game time.

Of course Klopp will be level headed about it, but as fans we need to not catastrophize it.

7 Likes

That was my thought exactly.

It’s like the yellow card for time wasting on 85mins. Good on the ref to show he’s not going to stand for this shit for the remaining five minutes of the game.

3 Likes

Get a grip ffs

2 Likes

Isn’t that what started the problem…

1 Like

That is more to do with GOmez being quicker, so has better recovery than Phillips which suits our high line.

In his actually defensive abilities, Nat is fine, just not blessed with the pace that the rest of our CB’s have so looks poor as he is suddenly an easy target

1 Like

wasteful in front of goal and lazy defending Zaha could have scored a hattrick . Nunez will need time he came with a big price and its definitely on his mind the weight of expectation is too heavy ( halland had only two touches in his last match ) klopp knows how to deal with this and am sure things will improve . my only issue is the midfield is old , not creative and carries little threat

4 Likes

Dunno what team you support but that’s shite trolling right there.

8 Likes

I personally think shit is a bit harsh. He is workmanlike. A slow and steady as you go sort of player. Definitely not LFC standard. Obviously a top lad and a good team man, but needs to move on. Championship is his level or perhaps one of the weaker Prem sides. Surely 8m - 10m is about right for him.

3 Likes

Honestly, that sort of guff should stay on Twitter where it belongs

5 Likes

Agreed, let’s.

2 Likes

No player will be 10 out 10 in every game. HIm getting into positions and making those runs is what it’s all about. Do enough of that, and the rewards will come over time.

We have been spoiled with Mane, Bobby, Salah triumvirate for the past 5 or 6 years. And even then, many would complain about those three.

1 Like

The performance of this team over the last four years doesn’t warrant that kind of abuse.

You could make your points without resorting to this kind of childish hyperbole.

20 Likes

Thing is when he was off Tsimkas put two in he could probably have knocked in and was a bit unlucky on that miss, he wasn’t the worse but the crossing was poor.

But the guys dumb for what he does, reflect on it and come back, his next game might be a CL game.

1 Like

benicio del toro GIF by FilmStruck

1 Like

Feels like I just went on twitter reading that

1 Like

Couldve been better. Couldve been worse.

Will come back to this thread in a few days to see the nature of this week’s meltdown.

2 Likes

We’re hoping to be contenders and we’re starting our first home game with Nat Phillips at the back and Milner in midfield. Highlights the injury woes we seem to be struck with far more often than rivals and we just don’t have the quality or depth to always be juggling an absentee list like this.

Poor start to the season. Defensive solidity we built so much on has gone. Midfield lacks creativity with Thiago and security without a fully up to speed Fabinho. And now our new talisman has got himself banned for three games with our other two CF options currently injured.

Need some magic working pretty quick or the title could well be out of reach before we hit October.

4 Likes

No one’s going juggle an absentee list of 10 even if you say 3 wouldn’t be nearer starting.

I’ve already rested the idea of the title, that’s not to say it’s gone, it’s just not that I’m going fret over what City do week in week out.

3 Likes