Post Match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace (EPL 15/7/22 8pm)

Watching their goal again Fabinho is pathetic and never even tried to get back.

3 Likes

Any United fans speak to me in work and they will be getting the Irish Darwin Nunez special

1 Like

Iā€™ve been continually saying, while you and others have been highlighting the midfield injuries I have been far more worried about defence. And there we are starting Nat Phillips.

Take cover, theyā€™re coming for you.

2 Likes

Milly in his after game interviewā€¦keeps referring to circumstances in midweekā€¦I hope heā€™s refering to injuriesā€¦and not fighting in the ranks.

1 Like

A fair point. But, our absentee list is quite often made up of the same players and there are things you should be able to do to address that.

2 Likes

Not heard anything, what happened?

Viera pulled out a Mourinho in this game. Two lines defending, with Zaha looking for scraps over the top.

Zaha did really well with that one outstanding chance. Yes we ould have defended that one time better, but in a Prem game, at least one situation like this occurs in every game.

The phrase smash and grab was invented for precisely this.

2 Likes

I would say itā€™s injuries.

As I said Klopp was quite chipper on Friday and then he loses Matip, Firmino and Gomez itā€™s going piss anyone off.

Milner was also talking really positive on the official at the weekend.

2 Likes

Really canā€™t see how Fab is to blame for the goal. It was all on Nat. Zaha absolutely did him - caught in two minds whether to play offside or engage, and once Zaha was away, Nat was running through treacle trying to catch him.

How he word it?

Also Virgil could have made more effort. On this occasion. Obviously heā€™s the top man but thatā€™s one he could have done better.

1 Like

Both fault imo. Fabinho was weak in the tackle imo. Feel of his ability needs to be better,

1 Like

Bobby and Matip out on the piss and skipping training?

Oh I know Iā€™m just generally saying no club would cope.

Itā€™s potentially time a few were replaced.

I thought weā€™d all agreed we just had to trust Klopp and the recruitment boys :wink:

1 Like

He makes a pigs ear of his tackle going to ground knowing he loses it they are on a counter. Itā€™s weak as hell and terrible decision making.

2 Likes

Thats a too simplistic way of looking at it we got into enough good positions to score at least 3 with more composure.

1 Like

First Mo poor then Fab dire then Nat and as some have already mentioned Virgil could have done more.

We are all disspointed with the result. But the performance playing with ten is a positive. We made Palace look like they were the one a man down.

I also liked that after the sending off, we started to stretch and make contact when engaging the Palace player. With the ref allowing physicality, some pushing and nibbles, we started to do that.

We need to read the ref better in the first half.

2 Likes