Post match: Liverpool v Derby County (ELC 9/11/22 8pm)

Posted at 22:4022:40

Klopp is committed to Liverpool

FT: Liverpool 0-0 Derby (Liverpool win 3-2 on pens)

Simon Stone

BBC Sport at Anfield

[image]

PA MediaCopyright: PA Media

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has just been asked about the potential sale of the club by FSG.

He is quite relaxed.

“What I read they are looking for investment,” he said. "Good idea, I like that.

“For me, it means nothing, whatever happens, if it does change, I am committed to the club.”

11 Likes

Tsimi and Kelleher :heart:

2 Likes

Most goalkeepers seem to be doing this in pens I have seen, some of the best have been able to keep a foot behind something I’ve attempted in training but never seemed to get it right.

Well I was playing up until Covid now just train and play the odd game for a local amateur side nothing of any level.

1 Like

Matty is a man of many talents. Top goalkeeper, decent speller, he’s also our in-house expert in all things sartorial.

1 Like

I’m going against the grain and saying none of the starters did themselves much justice. Wanted to see these lads show what they can do but they looked like schoolkids most of the time.
Doak was a different story, showed conviction and determination and looked a real threat.
Gave him MOTM along with Kelleher and I thought Tsimikas was decent.

Ahem, I play walking football. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Been out on the lash all night.

Saw that we won on pens.

Anyone got any player analysis?

I enjoyed the game tonight. I love to see the youngsters in live action rather than watching on telly. While none of them (bar Doak) stood out as ‘the next big thing’ they all (IMO) had solid games. I feel (again IMO) that if we’d have had Milly or Hendo in the team we’d have had more purpose to our play. None of the supposedly senior players Philips, Gomez, Tsimikas, or Ox are leaders. With Milly or Hendo in the team shouting, geeing them on, encoraging them I feel we’d have seen a different game. I’m not criticising the team selection in any way, just my opinion.
I think I saw a post where it said Derby had six shots? I can only remember Kelleher making two saves and one of them was from a ball headed on into the box that ran through to him.
Just wondering what was the point in having officials tonight? The Derby keeper was wasting time from the get go and the ref did what all refs do and just waved his arm a few times to ask him to hurry up. He did talk to him in the second half but the keeper just carried on wasting time. As for the linesmen? They put their flags up for offside and stand pointing their flag across the field in line with where the offside occurred. A defender will put the ball down in line with the linesman who fecks off to the halfway line. The defender leaves the kick to the goalie who picks the ball up and rolls it forward a few yards. It p155es me off no end.
It’s the same at throw ins. The taker creeps forward. The ref holds a hand up as if to say “that’ll do. Stop there”. Then the taker takes a few more steps before throwing it.
Rant over. Made up to be in the hat for the next round. MK Dons at home please. :+1::nerd_face:

5 Likes

Loved it! I get a bit wired during pens, but for some reason, I was fully expecting young Kelleher to make his stops. And Harvey for the winner!

Well done, youngsters!

3 Likes

Is Elliot going to be the replacement for Bobby when hsngs up his boots? As he seems great st those little balls in and around the oppisitions penalty area, very creative

2 Likes

Firgot to mention that the keeper was well off his line when the kick was taken, but shit refs let it go

2 Likes

Yep the assistant has 1 job and as usual fucks it up

3 Likes

Totally. Wtf is the point of paying a bloke to stand 5 metres away from where an offence is taking place and do nothing?
Is the pay any good? Because that looks like the kind of job I could excel at.

4 Likes

So you are saying you could be the next Andy Robertson?

1 Like

The first 3 I would say and each time the bloody official gave him a warning well after the fact!

1 Like

Caoimhin is a cool calm collected lad. He deserves a lot of credit and I am glad he is a Liverpool player

4 Likes

Well I never have any money

1 Like

Kelleher is such a luxury to have around. He is good enough to be starting for top teams. Saved his 6th penalty in a shootout breaking Reina’s record.

Ramsay looks at the very least a solid backup for TAA. Impressive athletically and not too shabby with the ball either.

Doak excited the most. Pace to burn combined with two-foot close control. We’ve struck gold with him.

Say what you want about the average age of the first team but we have some very bright prospects coming up.

9 Likes
4 Likes