Post match: Liverpool v Derby County (ELC 9/11/22 8pm)

That last one is brilliant.

3 Likes

ā€¦now imagine Trex trying to save that :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Bajcetic did well throughout but I think he played better when the more experienced lads came on, which I think is a positive.

Each of them had their moments where they shone (shined?) but for consistency Ramsey and Bajcetic stood out.

Doak looks unreal. Very confident with the ball.

Kelleher, just wow.

2 Likes

He would struggle on the first one, I doubt he is saving 2 and 3.

2 Likes

There was a big difference when the experienced players came on as we then played between the lines and looked far better as the likes of Bajectic had players to play penetrating passes to

1 Like

:joy: wtf is that linesman doing!? Like how Kelleher went to check if he was still awake.

3 Likes

Pathetic from the assistant ref it wasnā€™t even close to being a legal save

5 Likes

Reminds me of those extra refs they had in Europe for a while before VAR they would literally miss fouls in front of them.

Iā€™m sure at one point the ball hit one of them bounced back into the area and a team scored and it was given.

Premier League Top in the World

apart from the shit officials
apart from the shit application of FFP
apart from the shit Fit and Proper Rules.

Thank fuck for Liverpool otherwise I`d have to watch Boy George handcuffing Hancock to a Kangaroos penis or whatever ITV are calling it this year.

5 Likes

Exactly. Demonstrated that heā€™s seeing those movements and capable of making the pass. Very encouraging.

1 Like

He would have to grow an extra pair of short arms.

Many of them are schookids though? I would say Iā€™m not necessarily impressed, but I liked that it did seem like an inexperienced version of our first team, but they were still well-drilled and moved well.I think at this stage itā€™s probably harder to do the simple things right and fit into our system than it is to look flashy. Didnā€™t really get to catch Doak though as I had issues at that time but the few glimpses I saw were really exciting.

1 Like

I said earlier in the pre match thread since Klopp the second 11 has performed quite coherently I think there was an issue here that it was an even bigger mix so the coherent approach wasnā€™t there from what Iā€™ve read.

Unless we draw Gillingham and even then I doubt we will see as many youngsters turn out for us in the 4th round.

Anyhow glad weā€™ve made it 3 in a row, letā€™s make it 4 eh.

3 Likes

I think you can see the progression, especially the difference with and without an injury nightmare. What I really meant though is that individual quality/experience aside, you could quite easily drop any one of the kids into a match and you wouldnā€™t notice a difference tactically. They would be able to ā€œdo a jobā€, in essence, if we needed it.

Given what JĆ¼rgen has done in previous seasons Iā€™d hope thatā€™s the case since we really only play the kids if the first team is carrying too many injuries to risk the key players. However, that said, I hope to see at least a couple more of them, if only for half an hour or so.

1 Like

@mattyhurst would have caught all of them. :wink::nerd_face:

1 Like

I doubt it, that was one major issue with my goalkeeping I was poor at catching :rofl:

1 Like

You can see Kelleher telling the linesman the GK was way off his line

2 Likes

The trouble with the 4th round is its now the first game after the World Cup on the 21st December will Klopp want to get a bit of rust out the system before Villa on Boxing day or rest the strongest side for them.

It was really crazy how they played for pens. Bonkers game plan.

2 Likes