Post match: Liverpool v Everton (EPL 13/2/23 8pm)

Nice win. Clean sheet. Against Everton. Can’t ask for more.

We started at last with a 2-1 in midfield. Better solid base allowed a better performance. Everton with only one up front allowed us to have the ball at the back. There was no high pressing, so that allowed Matip and Gomez more time on the ball.

Tarkovski hit the post, but a few seconds later a rapid break – one two from Salah and Nunez – a powerful run, an early cross, Prickford gone walkabouts so Salah with an easy finish.

Second was more like our old selves with attacking full back play from both sides, a Coady mistake, and the other Cody getting a tap in. That boosted him, and Gakpo did some tidy things after that.

Jota and Bobby coming off the bench was another boost as well. Salah looking more like his old self with his skips away from Mykolenko.

6 Likes

Still no shape but some fight and lots of effort.
Good win!!!

3 Likes

Oops, wrote my post match in the pre-match…

Totally dominated the bitters, loved the intensity increase, hunting in packs, winning the physical game, loved the predatory counters, the Nunez input and the Gakpo first of many goals, the Salah finish, Robbo’s antics, Prickford’s stupidity…
And of course, Klopp’s fist bumps!!!

Bacjetic MOTM for me, with Nunez and Gakpo as the other two votes.

Now to build on that with a statement win vs our main too 4 rival, Newcastle. Done it before, let’s do it again, even if the odds suggest otherwise, no matter!

PS: Lovely to see Bobby and Jota back, and the Origi song near the end of the game.

8 Likes

Bajcetic has come of age, MOTM performance from the lad…only way is up from here now kid.

Given Joe a fair bit of stick this season but today he was magnificent popping up back there.

Thought Gakpo has a relatively quiet but effective first half then grew into it quite spectacularly 2nd half.

Even Fab and Hendo did alright ffs.

Enjoy relegation Everton, you’ve been dealt with…rear view mirror, done with you.

We’re coming for you Madrid, you bitches.Once we get our grubby hands on you, it’s over.

3 Likes

The one caveat, is that against teams that press us I’m not sure it would be as good.

All positive tonight. Composed team performance, strikers finally found a glimpse of their shooting boots, defence did well (commanded by Joe), many returnees from injury. And no doubt about the MOTM. Only 18 years of age, and he is currently our best midfielder!

4 Likes

was thinking the same… i kept thinking," thats one less midfielder we need now"…

4 Likes

Yep and he looks tasty as an 8 as well.

2 Likes

Actually, first half at least, they pressed us well and it worked ok. We won’t score 9 goals playing like this but we won’t concede 3 either. I’d rather try and stick with this than gonback to what we have been doing.

9 Likes

exactly, surround him with young good midfield players and he will soar even more

3 Likes

I feel like I must have calculated this incorrectly … but it appears that if we win our game in hand and out next game against Newcastle, we are 3 points off 4th place…… how is that possible after the season we have had ?!

2 Likes

Very good win with the intensity we lacked for a long time. Firmino an d Jota back all positives.

MotM call Bajcetic well played young man. :+1:

Gakpo did how we know him in Holland, scoring an easy goal unmarked against a team that will get relegated, me unimpressed.

3 Likes

Mo looks like he got dragged out of bed due to a fire alarm in the post match interview :rofl:

3 Likes

even mo has called the kid our best player this season

6 Likes

Salah just called Bajcetic ‘maybe our best player at the moment’ while he’s standing next to him.
Lovely stuff

14 Likes

If Jude Bellingham saw that, it’s in the bag.

He will be on the phone to his agent, “I want to sign for Liverpool. I HAVE to play with Bajcetic!”

5 Likes

what a fuckin find, when we havin such a shit season too

3 Likes

Hearing Bajcetic speak English, he’s picked up a Scouse twang beneath his Spanish acccent.

Good to hear.

10 Likes

Love that interview with the 2 of them. Bajetic like a 12 year old beside his hero :heart:

3 Likes

Loving to see Stefan enjoying life at Anfield

1 Like