Post Match: Liverpool v Fulham (ELC 10/1/24 8pm)

Player of the match
  • Caohimin KELLEHER
  • Conor BRADLEY
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Alexis MAC ALLISTER
  • Curtis JONES
  • Ryan GRAVENBERCH
  • Harvey ELLIOTT
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Luis DIAZ
  • Cody GAKPO
  • Darwin NUŃEZ
0 voters

Unused subs: Alisson, Clark, Gordon, McConnell, Beck, Quansah, Nyoni

:arrows_counterclockwise: 56’ Darwin NUŃEZ :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Harvey ELLIOTT

:arrows_counterclockwise: 56’ Cody GAKPO :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Ryan GRAVENBERCH

:soccer: 69’ Curtis JONES (:rightwards_hand: Darwin NUŃEZ)

:soccer: 71’ Cody GAKPO (:rightwards_hand: Darwin NUŃEZ)

10 Likes

Good side but we were too much for them in the end. We are so well drilled after a half-time bollocking :rofl:

7 Likes

Bradley MotM on a expensive night in London,:joy: Friday we are going to Harrogate for a week.

Halfway to the final :+1:

3 Likes

September ‘21 :eyes:

Have we found our permanent right back to unleash Trent in midfield (from next season)?

1 Like

My birthday today and I got given a ticket for the return leg (in the Fulham end with my father-in-law). So glad Klopp told the boys to get their act together for me at half time :grin:

6 Likes

Bradley was magnificent

16 Likes

Started well. Contained Fulham, but then Fulham scored with their first foray forward. The rest of the first half was a case of struggling to break down two lines in a low block.

In the second, the early two subs caused a rejig to the tactics. Gomez was positioned more centrally, and we pushed numbers forward to cause Fulham to do more thinking.

THis left us exposed at the back to a ball over the top, which Fulham did on a couple of occasions. De Cordova-Reidtook the wrong option of shooting rather than passing to give up that chance.

With more players in advanced postions, we then caused Fulahm more problems. A fortuitous deflection for the first, and then a nicely worked second to turn the game around.

Darwin did well in the link up play, and had an excellent header and a well saved shot by Leno to deny him.

Fulham will play the same way in the second leg with only a goal seperating the teams.

2 Likes

Tell me you’re a dumb cunt without telling me you’re a dumb cunt…

6 Likes

Thought our midfield looked weak before kick off and they proved me right. MacAllister doesn’t look strong enough physically and Gravenberch just doesn’t look good enough. I really hope that they both prove me wrong. Jota and Nunez both caused them problems in the second half and shook their defence up. A bit fortunate to be taking a goal lead to their place for the second leg but we should be strong enough to finish the tie.

1 Like

Bradley didn’t look out of his depth at all. Reassuring with Trent out.

Thought Konate, Jones and Jota also had very good games.

6 Likes

Happy Birthday!

I was going to quote him but it would have deflected of him and ended shortly after. You know how it is.

A game we looked like we approached with the attitude of an inconvenience rather than a game we needed to win. Like we had lovely new white shorts and wanted to skate through without getting them dirty. Honestly, it is understandable and we kind of vindicated it.

2 Likes

I saw it as Mac Allister having a really good game - he kept things ticking form the back, and made timely interceptions. Him and Curtis kept control.

But Gravenbach is still a work in progress. I just wish he did more of the defensive side while he tries to get up to speed with the offence. Things like track back better etc.

3 Likes

Much improved second half. Bradley, Gomez, Darwin my standouts. Very happy with the fullback pair (if they stay fit) until the return of our left backs.

2 Likes

Happy birthday…

1 Like