Post Match: Liverpool v Fulham (ELC 10/1/24 8pm)

A bit disheartening for those Fulham boys. 2 extra days off, compared to ours, go up 0-1, and end up losing 2-1. Can someone check on Pereira? I hope that he is alright. So close to death, I will pray for him.

5 Likes

Great second half, Fulham very lucky to come out of the game without conceding 4. Darwin is just one hell of a player.

2 Likes

The mindset of this forum this season isā€¦no doubtersā€¦:rofl::rofl::rofl:ā€¦I thought we agreed this a few games agoā€¦

4 Likes

Once again, Klopp and his lads found the answer. Much better second half. It started already before Gakpo and Nunez came on. More attacking intent, more runs with the ball, dribbles, attempts at shooting. Then, the two came on and brought that extra dosis of energy and also cleverness to bring the other players into the game.

In the end, the win is deserved. The tie is still finely poised, but itā€™s reassuring to see that the lads are able to once again turn a difficult situation around.

Hopefully no injuries tonight (was a bit concerned when Jones went down, and a bit later, when Bradley looked completely finished). Eleven days to recover now before the next game, thatā€™s very welcome! :+1:

Edit: MoM for me is Gakpo, for his cleverness when coming on. Nunez (for his drive and energy) and Jones (for his never-ending fighting spirit and his deserved lucky goal) get also my votes.

10 Likes

Did anyone catch that absolutely batshit bit of commentary.

Fulham have a chance rightly flagged offside.

Well imagine if that went to VAR. And heā€™d been onside

4 Likes

Shocking commentary!

Also, I bet he didnā€™t ā€œimagine the handball going to VAR and it would have been a penaltyā€.

6 Likes

He will be alrightā€¦ I mean, he might have to start a go fund me to repair the damage Virgil did to his face. His face was looking pretty gruesome after that and might not be able to be seen in public otherwiseā€¦

2 Likes

Sorry for the scare, was only able to get home at the 60m mark. You welcome.

I saw that Jones had 98% accuracy on his passing, what happened to that 2% is what everyone should be asking. Jones still gets motm.

4 Likes

How about this ā€œI saw Willianā€™s eyes light up, when he saw the youngster in front of himā€. (The youngster was Bradley).

4 Likes

Stinky first half (yet again), absolute shite. No tempo, nothing in midfield and nothing up top. When does the game change? Of course when Nunez comes on, unreal player.

Ibou another brilliant performance, thought Bradley held his own.

On way home so havenā€™t seen any replay or highlights yet, was Kelleher at fault for the first?

1 Like

Didnā€™t Bradley pocket him 4 or 5 timesā€¦

4 Likes

How poor were our set pieces tonight? MacAllister was guilty of hitting the first man far too often.

3 Likes

He definitely did.

1 Like

The guy is unbelievably slow, in near enough everything he doesā€¦including going up to take the set pieces.

No Kelleher was not at fault. Virgil made multiple mistakes leading to their goal

4 Likes

I didnā€™t get the formation in the second half. It looked like Darwin and Diaz were both on the left and no one was on the right.
Maccaā€™s free kicks and corners were woeful. No idea why, but otherwise he had a good game.
Gravenberch is a worry. He doesnā€™t seem to have the mentality although he has the skills.
We won despite a lot of absences, but the tie is far from over.

I thought Macallister was decent but Jones and him were having to the job of three.

The two players who came off deserved to come off and Jota was the only one with desire bar Bradley for large parts. Subs instantly changed the game and we were unlucky not to run away with it in the last 10.

Delighted with Bradley and can do the job at least at this level. Next step up needs to be seen but he came into the first team squad today.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t like Kelleherā€™s reaction for their goal and the two CBs didnā€™t cover themselves with glory either but apart from that the first half was largely ok.

Second half we just brushed them away and they should count themselves lucky it was only 2. Jones was sensational throughout, Bradley was excellent after the interval, while Gapko and Nunez were electric coming off the bench. Shame that Nunez couldnā€™t get a goal himself but when heā€™s playing like that even his misses are more palatable.

Still another 90 minutes to negotiate but it feels like this was Fulhamā€™s best chance. If they couldnā€™t do it against this Liverpool, they wonā€™t be able to do it period.

Not really surprised by how that shaped up tbh.

Our best creative players were all out: Mo, Trent, Sobz. The other player who really makes things happen is Darwin, and so Iā€™m not surprised we improved when he came on. Was also much more impressed by Gakpo, who looked a bit at sea last time out (in a diff position tbf).

Other thoughts: we need to stop persevering with Harvey as a backup right winger tbh. He doesnā€™t offer much, and is better feeding more destructive forwards from midfield. Mac decent I thought, but he still looks a bit out of place back there at 6 compared to an Endo type. Gravenberch meh again. Heā€™s just not adjusted. And Bradley was magical.

All in all, happy enough. Now, letā€™s get some boys fit because weā€™re starting to look a bit thin.

3 Likes

Agree with every word.

Gakpo on either wing so itā€™s turning out compared to Gakpo as the false 9 or heaven forbid even deeper than that is night and day. Mustā€™ve had more touches today alone than all his games combined as the 9 this season.