Post match: Liverpool v Inter Milan (UCL 8/3/22 8pm)

Apparently Virgil is 2nd in the motm poll.

Love him and all, but he was hugely to blame on their goal.

1 Like

Woodwork hit three times, Vidal clearing off the line from Diaz, but the best opportunity for me was that play where Andy broke on the left, and we had three players in the box, with Mo in the best place for a tap in. Andy just had to deliver a simple ball into space, but failed to avoid the only defender sliding in.

The butthurt on the Caf pretty much makes it a winning night, imo.

5 Likes

She definitely should be sectionedā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah he was pretty lackadaisical about getting a block in but I can understand that from that distance and angle. Matip didnā€™t cover himself in glory with that pass though.

1 Like

She might have been an england internationalā€¦and Iā€™m only a 62yr old grandmaā€¦but i know a studs up and a dangerous tackleā€¦and if it was innocentā€¦why is Sancho mouthingā€¦what! What!..and wagging his fingerā€¦he knew it was a bad oneā€¦

4 Likes

We made lots of unnecessary passes. Iā€™d say the best midfielder on the night was Jones for a change. Even Thiagoā€™s passes were not zipped in enough at times, giving inter players a chance to intercept. We tried to move through our passing phases either too early or too late and some of the passing was a bit too cavalier.

2 Likes

I think I agree with the clowns. He should of had a straight red against Thiago.

1 Like

VVD defends like heā€™s playing 4D chess. We mere mortals cannot fathom what he does at times.

He had Martinez in his pocket before the goal, and the Inter lad was mentally defeated before he even touched the ball up to that point.

My guess is that VVD lazily allowed Martinez to shoot, thinking that it would end up in the stands, with Martinez going even further into his shell, thus would contribute nothing more in the rest of the game, even if presented with a one on one situation.

But even the Gods can get it wrong.

3 Likes

I think there is a bit of game theory with situations like that and I think itā€™s intentional. I think our defenders will allow those kind of shots because if the player gets their shot on target, we back our keeper to save it.

When it doesnā€™t work it looks awful, but it doesnā€™t work very often.

2 Likes

I was referring to the co-commentator. I didnā€™t watch the pundits in the studio because of Ferdinand.

Not sure who the other one was in the studioā€¦she was quite constuctive in her analysisā€¦she might have been commentatingā€¦

Pretty much nails it, I thought we were caught between wanting to play our normal game and ā€˜managing itā€™ā€¦something weā€™re not very good at. Roma, Grazer, Barca (2006), CSKAā€¦now Inter, all home losses after winning the away leg.
We didnā€™t look after the ball well at all tonight, constantly giving it away and getting harried into poor passes. The goal was a joke from our point of view. Henderson again showing how important he is to this team by taking back control in the middle. Thought Jones and Fabinho were very good, Thiago not so much.
Senor Lahoz is a dickhead, tried all night to make a game of it.
Anyway, getting through is the main thing so itā€™s job done.

3 Likes

I totally lost it with Robbo over that and my wife told me off for swearing.

Lucy Wardā€¦

Didnā€™t she play for our womenā€™s team?

If she was the co-comentator, then yeah, she talks a lot of sense, and doesnā€™t just state the obvious, that a lot of co-commentators spout.

She did

2 Likes

Edit: For BT Sports
In studio:
Rachael Brown-Finnis (in blue), former keeper for LFC and England.
Fara Williams (in green), former LFC player as well.

Co-commentary:
Lucy Ward with Darren Fletcher.

2 Likes

Wikiā€¦just says Donny Belles and Leedsā€¦

1 Like