Post match: Liverpool v Leeds Utd (EPL 29/10/22 7.45pm)

Collectively bad. I saw 15 scapegoats this evening. No one comes out of that with any credit, from me anyway. Leeds deserved it on desire alone.

Who can we help out of the relegation zone next?

3 Likes

You’re welcome mate

I was amazed he went with it again. And even more amazed he didn’t change it at HT.

Shambolic defending on both goals tonight. Pathetic performance.

2 Likes

If leeds could finish they couldve been out of sight by the hour and no one could complain.

2 Likes

Gifted them two goals and with 23 shots we managed 1 goal, midfield is so poor, defence lacks confidence. Looking forward to the 6 weeks break.

1 Like

Trent walking around the pitch giving it away in a laxidaisical way, basically epitomises this team at present. Expects to win with minimal effort, we don’t do the hard yards anymore.

We go from beating the best team in the league to losing against the two worst. How the fuck does that happen ?

5 Likes

Just dire all round. Not just this game but the season as a whole. Absolute gift of a goal to start with. Distinct lack of quality. Finishing poor. So mediocre. Losing to Nottingham Forest and now Leeds. Two very poor teams at the bottom of the league. Woeful. This is a wake up call if ever there was.

1 Like

Not good. Far too many points have gone. And loads of them against lower teams. It is unbelievable.

My hope is we somehow stay in touch, just, with top four before the World Cup break. And then find a way to regroup for the second half of the season.

But this is quite the annus horribilis.

Every time we look like turning a corner, we shit the bed.

I can’t be bothered going through it, as there’s too much shite to wade through.

Just win the CL, rebuild the engine for next season, and let’s go again.

2 Likes

Not in terms of performance, just in terms of the result. I thought we were absolutely on top of Leeds during the second half. It needed a great defensive performance from them, and an even greater Mellier to keep us out.

1 Like

Leeds fans will see it the real way their keeper made 9 saves. Grasp the reality :grinning:

1 Like

Sorry but thats just silly.

2 Likes

We look a half yard slower than every team we play agaisnt. Whether it’s complacency, tiredness or a decline of the ageing players is anyones guess. Whatever it is, it has to change.

5 Likes

Nope, we had chances too and were equally sloppy.

Major concern for me is the way we’re playing. It doesn’t look right at all. There’s no real control, our shape is awful and we’re so easy to catch out. Throw in an attitude at the back as if tomorrow will do and we honestly stink.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say on top we looked the far more dangerous but always looked suspect.

1 Like

Darwin would have had two if it wasn’t for some very good goalkeeping. But still …

1 Like

Agreed. At least we’ve secured the knockout stages for UCL. At this point, this team has to aim for a top four spot. Hopefully, the WC break will give some of our key players who are not headed to Qatar some time off, and allow others to come back from injury. Then we can try to reset, look at the winter window, and make a charge for the top 4.

3 Likes

Feel sick, disappointed, angry, wtf is going on…suppose the LUFC fans round here will gloat…but goalie cheats…sommerville tried to get robbo sent off…they sneakily and slyly have digs in the back of players…snidey fucking team…

2 Likes